• Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Solo Quests

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Solo Quests

Postby Drew » Wednesday June 12th, 2019 7:36pm

As most of you know it's hard to gather 5 people very often.
Most of us have flexible schedules since we are all in unis but it's that time of year that we have exams. Different unis, different schedules, hard to gather.
But I'm still very excited for the game so I decided to give my players a chance to play whenever the want. We usually gather up once a week and do 2-3 Quests.
So I decided, when there is a week that we cant find a day to play all together, to give the Heroes a chance to do solo quests!
That way everyone is kinda happy. Plus that gives my 2 weakest players a chance to catch up.

One just joined 2 quests ago, since we had a hard time to find a 5th solid member.
And the other one is just a bad player and he is dying every quest, and believe me I dont focus him or anything.
Note that we are currently doing the Game System and are in Q10 as a group.

The thing is there are not many Solo Quests available.
Ik about all the official ones: "A Growl Of Thunder", "Running The Gauntlet", "The Frozen Horror" (first 3) and "The Mage In The Mirror" (first 3).
Are there any more "official" solo quests? Let me know
But I want all the fan made ones too, so PLEASE gimme all the links you have for solo quests. :D :D :D
Drew

Skeleton
Skeleton
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Saturday May 11th, 2019 4:09pm
Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Advertisement

Re: Solo Quests

Postby Pancho » Thursday June 13th, 2019 4:01am

There are probably more but off the top of my head;
- The Dragons lair (Dwarf quest pack in the same vein as the EQP & BQP) http://english.yeoldeinn.com/quests.php
- The two solo quests by drathe The Minds Eye & Prince of Thieves (same link as above). These are on the more difficult side so would suit experienced Wizard & Dwarf Heroes, respectively.
- Summons to the Wizards Council (the Wizard quest pack by JDean) viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4073

Funny you should mention this as I am currently working on a Solo quest pack based on the Heroquest novels by Dave Morris, which will have solo quests for all four Heroes. Most of the work is done but I still need to playtest and type up, and I have 2 or 3 other hobby projects that need finishing off first, so it could be a few months at least for this one.


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Storm Master
Storm Master
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Wednesday April 12th, 2017 10:43am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Solo Quests

Postby Drew » Thursday June 13th, 2019 3:16pm

Pancho wrote:There are probably more but off the top of my head;
- The Dragons lair (Dwarf quest pack in the same vein as the EQP & BQP) http://english.yeoldeinn.com/quests.php
- The two solo quests by drathe The Minds Eye & Prince of Thieves (same link as above). These are on the more difficult side so would suit experienced Wizard & Dwarf Heroes, respectively.
- Summons to the Wizards Council (the Wizard quest pack by JDean) viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4073

Funny you should mention this as I am currently working on a Solo quest pack based on the Heroquest novels by Dave Morris, which will have solo quests for all four Heroes. Most of the work is done but I still need to playtest and type up, and I have 2 or 3 other hobby projects that need finishing off first, so it could be a few months at least for this one.



Thanks a lot. I found out about Dragon's Lair and drathe's quests. Found them in the quests section. (Also "Werewolf's Reig")
Thanks for pointing out Summons to the Wizards Council since its not in the quests section.
I can't wait for your quests. I'd even like a sample if you have and want to share.
If you remember any more solo quests let me know :D
Drew

Skeleton
Skeleton
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Saturday May 11th, 2019 4:09pm
Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Re: Solo Quests

Postby Pancho » Thursday June 13th, 2019 3:43pm

I just remembered another one; download/file.php?id=5710

Unfortunately I think this was the only quest completed for an unfinished solo quest pack idea. Which was a shame as it looked reallly promising. Hopefully my solo pack will progress further than this one did!


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Storm Master
Storm Master
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Wednesday April 12th, 2017 10:43am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Solo Quests

Postby Jalapenotrellis » Thursday June 13th, 2019 9:38pm

I'm amazed you can get people to play two to three quests at a time. I would think one quest more frequently might make it more sustainable for people to show up. one of the major complaints about the game is how long the quest take, and sometimes people just don't want to dedicate a whole day.
Jalapenotrellis

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sunday July 22nd, 2018 2:50am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Re: Solo Quests

Postby Pancho » Friday June 14th, 2019 7:02am

Drew, I just sent you a PM.

Jalapenotrellis, most of my friends consider HQ to be a short game; we’re used to playing area movement strategy type games and some of them have been known to last 8 hours....


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Storm Master
Storm Master
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Wednesday April 12th, 2017 10:43am
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Solo Quests

Postby Maurice76 » Friday June 14th, 2019 7:11am

Jalapenotrellis wrote:I'm amazed you can get people to play two to three quests at a time. I would think one quest more frequently might make it more sustainable for people to show up. one of the major complaints about the game is how long the quest take, and sometimes people just don't want to dedicate a whole day.


Seriously? For me, it's exactly the opposite. Me and my friends consider it a waste of time to get together for just a quest or maybe two. Reallife is busy enough so when we do manage to squeeze in a game session, we usually prefer to make it worthwhile. We've had most of our game sessions on sundays, starting around 11am up to 5pm (or even until after dinner for a short while). The latest two sessions were fully dedicated to HeroQuest, playing 5 quests each session.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
User avatar
Maurice76

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Friday March 9th, 2018 1:19pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Solo Quests

Postby Jalapenotrellis » Friday June 14th, 2019 6:56pm

Maurice76 wrote:
Jalapenotrellis wrote:I'm amazed you can get people to play two to three quests at a time. I would think one quest more frequently might make it more sustainable for people to show up. one of the major complaints about the game is how long the quest take, and sometimes people just don't want to dedicate a whole day.


Seriously? For me, it's exactly the opposite. Me and my friends consider it a waste of time to get together for just a quest or maybe two. Reallife is busy enough so when we do manage to squeeze in a game session, we usually prefer to make it worthwhile. We've had most of our game sessions on sundays, starting around 11am up to 5pm (or even until after dinner for a short while). The latest two sessions were fully dedicated to HeroQuest, playing 5 quests each session.


Your friends are bingers then I guess!
Jalapenotrellis

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sunday July 22nd, 2018 2:50am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Re: Solo Quests

Postby Drew » Saturday June 15th, 2019 6:02am

Yeah well it depends on how much the group likes the game.
I happen to have a pationate group about the game.
The thing is 4/5 players (me included) love the game. The first Wizard usually got bored during the second quest and got in everyone's nerves.
Then we found our 2nd Wizard who liked the game but didn't has a very difficult work schedule.
Last time we had our first game night with our 3rd Wizard (actually Dwarf, cause the 1st Dwarf changed to Wizard), we did 2 quests and he liked it.
Hopefully this one will stick around.
by the way usually we do 2 quests cause it gets late, my players can handle 3 though, its been done with no problems.
We usually start at around 4-5 pm, we also eat in between and stop playing at around 9-10 pm.

by the way ON TOPIC:
Today will come the first player for his solo quests campaign :D The Barbarian.
I have prepared him a 9 quests solo campaign, with all the solo Barbarian quests I could find
For the solo quests I decided to use the "Interactive HeroQuest" idea, in which players choose their next quest.
Made a map like this: https://imgur.com/PDKELtA (starting from lower right and ending in upper left, every time he finishes a quest i "unlock" him his options for his next quest.)
Will let you know how it turned out.
(The Wizard would come yesterday for his solo but he got stuck in traffic and turned back home xD)
Drew

Skeleton
Skeleton
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Saturday May 11th, 2019 4:09pm
Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Re: Solo Quests

Postby Jalapenotrellis » Saturday June 15th, 2019 3:51pm

Jelly of the friends!
Jalapenotrellis

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sunday July 22nd, 2018 2:50am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:


Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest