• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New modulable exterior tiles

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Re: New modulable exterior tiles

Postby khimbar » Wednesday July 10th, 2019 10:51am

Valnar Nightrunner wrote:
khimbar wrote:
Valnar Nightrunner wrote:
khimbar wrote:Is there a file of them all combined or is it an individual download way?

Thanks again for these, going to print some this afternoon hopefully.

Hi !

Well for now, it is an individual download way. Because I will make some A4 PDF booklets later. On each sheet, you'll find a Tile and some Counters and Markers. There is more to do, it is an ambitious project and unfortunatly, it's taking time. But I have good times in building those tiles.

When you'll be ready to use those tiles, can you take some photos of a tabletop with them and maybe some miniatures in action ? I probably use them, if you are ok with the idea, to make my booklets cover. :roll: Because I have very little time with my job and family occupations... This will greatly appreciated, but feel free to declin the idea if you don't have time or if you don't want to. No problem, I'll understand ;)

Hell yeah! It'll be the weekend before I do it but I will do.

D&D minis ok? My HQ set is up in the loft...

NO !!!! I don't accept any other minis than Games Workshop minis with my holly tiles, or I'll ritualy suicide myself :mrgreen: Joking, you can use minis from wathever you wish, those tiles are not designed only to HQ, AHQ or Warhammer Quest, you can use them for D&D or Descent, or any other games.

Thats it now, you're getting an unpainted, badly stuck together Space Marine on it...

:lol:
khimbar

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Advertisement

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » Saturday July 13th, 2019 4:06am

Maurice76 wrote:Valnar, what is your creation process for these tiles? They look pretty high quality, but the rate at which you're producing them, it can't all be manual work :P. As it is, I do see some elements within those tiles that appear in different images, so it's at least partially using stuff that's already there from previous work, correct?

Hi Maurice

Well, as I often said, I am NOT a drawer. I am incompetent to draw or creat 3D or 2D models with a software, but the web full of swarms of PNG elements and various ground textures. I'm not using a highly sofisticated software, just one capable of overlaying transparent layers. I begin to put about 3 grounds texture bunked over each other (one for dirt, one for grass, and another for details). The size of those grounds is enough to contain aboute 18 of my tiles. all I hav to do is to bunk others layers with warious things over the firsts (roads, rivers, water over the riverbeds, trees, rocks, and so on). Then, I'm using the eraser here and there. Then I merge all layers and I'm cuting tiles. I can reverse the tiles to make new ones with new details. I'm puting the grid and it's done.

I hope you're understanding because it's hard to me to explain this process in english :oops:
Maître Haut Elfe sur un arbre perché, tenait dans son bec l'Enclume des nains.... (Ca sent la fracture de Crâne) http://ahqnewgen.clicforum.com/index.php
Valnar Nightrunner

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » Saturday July 13th, 2019 12:06pm

I understand, it makes sense :). It's interesting to read how you create them, it's creative at the very least. And, because you're merging different graphics, you have quite a lot of permutations on how to combine them. In any case, they look really great, so keep up the good work! |_P

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » Sunday July 14th, 2019 5:33pm

Maurice76 wrote:I understand, it makes sense :). It's interesting to read how you create them, it's creative at the very least. And, because you're merging different graphics, you have quite a lot of permutations on how to combine them. In any case, they look really great, so keep up the good work! |_P

Thanks Maurice, I'm glade you appreciate those tiles. I will continue this work. I'm testing new things actually to obtain somekind of elevations, hills and so on. It's a bit difficult because I must work on light and shadow effects. That's why all my tiles are oriented in the same way (sun light is supposed to come from the left-up corner of each tile). I discover gradually new technics, by experimentation of things, that's taking a lot of time, but, for example, the result is things like water effect on the river tiles. Very hard to obtain. So I'm optimist : I will share some good hill stuff. I will share my elements soon, so you'll all be able to build your own tiles if you wish to. But beware : it is an addictiv work :mrgreen:
Maître Haut Elfe sur un arbre perché, tenait dans son bec l'Enclume des nains.... (Ca sent la fracture de Crâne) http://ahqnewgen.clicforum.com/index.php
Valnar Nightrunner

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » Monday July 15th, 2019 2:06pm

Wow, I just saw this. These tiles look excellent! I especially love the water and the bridges!

Thank you for sharing them, this opens up so many new possibilites!
Weltenlaeufer

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » Saturday August 10th, 2019 6:16pm

-Deleted for Copyrighted contents-
Last edited by Valnar Nightrunner on Saturday October 26th, 2019 6:36pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnar Nightrunner

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Sunday August 11th, 2019 12:49am

Say, could you help me remake that hq25 lava bridge? I think with your templates and your experience, you could do that in 20 minutes while I would spend hours and hours.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » Sunday August 11th, 2019 3:14pm

Anderas wrote:Say, could you help me remake that hq25 lava bridge? I think with your templates and your experience, you could do that in 20 minutes while I would spend hours and hours.

Well of course, maybe I could help, can you send me the original to rebuild and tell me what are your plans ? If you want specific textures, show me examples and I'll try to do the job with pleasure ;)
Valnar Nightrunner

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » Monday August 12th, 2019 9:07am

Nice houses.
Do you have plans to do the interiors at any point? Or are you focusing simply on the out-of-doors?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Anderas » Monday August 12th, 2019 3:35pm

Those two lava tiles in here are what I am talking about.
Thanks a lot for your help!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HuYpEj ... p=drivesdk

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Tiles