• Advertisement

Flight to the surface question

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Against the Ogre Horde Quest Pack.

Flight to the surface question

Postby mrmagoo » Wednesday May 15th, 2019 6:24am

In the last quest, the bottom left room has a falling block trap, does this try and get the first character trapped in the last room?
Usually, the barb leads the way, and he does not any spells to walk through the wall? or am I missing something?
mrmagoo

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Flight to the surface question

Postby The Admiral » Wednesday May 15th, 2019 7:37am

mrmagoo wrote:In the last quest, the bottom left room has a falling block trap, does this try and get the first character trapped in the last room?
Usually, the barb leads the way, and he does not any spells to walk through the wall? or am I missing something?
hasn't

It is as written, so if the Hero opening the door hasn't got anything to get them out of the room such as a Pass thru rock spell/scroll or Elven cloak of passage, then they should step away from the door. I suspect they didn't think anyone would go in, because there is no note as to the chest contents, but it is possible. I house ruled that the chest would contain a Pass Thru Rock scroll if needed, otherwise empty. Crueler Evil Wizards could just let them die. It would be stupid to step in without an exit strategy.

This trap actually killed the Barbarian in my brother's Dwarf party. He was down to 2BP's with no healing potions and a role of 3 skulls took him out. The poor wizard followed soon after when the orcs poured off the stairs.
The Admiral

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Flight to the surface question

Postby lestodante » Wednesday May 15th, 2019 5:48pm

If you allow house rules you probably can mix US and EUR cards.
So one solution is that a wizard can enter the sealed room using Pass Through Rock and then once he see the trapped hero he can use the Ring of Return to "safely" return to the starting point together... :twisted:

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Against the Ogre Horde