• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hero Quest - Quest Creator and Fonts?

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Hero Quest - Quest Creator and Fonts?

Postby brlinzy » March 17th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Good Evening,

New to here and have recently discovered this gem on the internet. I have found a few resources both on this site and others such as excel files or other programs that allow you to digitally create your own quests. That being said, I want a program or a template that is more -authentic-. I mean I would like the appropriate colored boxes for text, margins, everything down to even the font. Having trouble locating this, so I wanted to ask before I spent a ton of time trying to hunt this down if someone could point me in the right direction. Have played this game over the course of 20 years on and off and would love to breath new life into this for my gaming friends. Also, just a big thank you to everyone and anyone who has contributed to this site with resources that are available - this is the kind of things the internet can and should help us enthusiasts keep life in!

-Br.
Last edited by Daedalus on May 4th, 2021, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved topic from General Heroquest Discussion room
brlinzy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Hero Quest - Quest Creator and Fonts?

Postby whitebeard » March 17th, 2019, 10:12 pm

Heroscribe.org has the map creator and fonts. It comes up on google with "heroquest font".

Quest templates are available to give you reproduction quality. I think StratosVX has the best format for a tool (he creates scalable vectors on a Mac I think). Scalable vector means infinite zoom with no degradation. Other Paint applivcations generate larger files with lower resolution. Then there is my LaTeX template which does the same (but if you don't know know what that is, don't bother).

This site has a search capability. And the forum has a tools section where you will find all of this.

Welcome to the inn!
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby brlinzy » March 18th, 2019, 12:28 pm

Thanks so much for pointing me in a starting direction. Excited to get some unique quests made for my friends and who knows, if they are good enough even share.
brlinzy

Hero:

Postby StratosVX » March 18th, 2019, 12:48 pm

I use Heroscribe to make the maps, then I use templates for Pages (the Mac equivalent of Word, only less robust) that I made based on quests I had seen that either drathe or Phoenix had made. The templates are in my signature for anybody that uses a Mac and wants them. I manually import the vector images Heroscribe uses for additional graphics in the quests, such as the wandering monster icon, the letters used in the quest notes, etc.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby brlinzy » March 18th, 2019, 7:30 pm

whitebeard wrote:Heroscribe.org has the map creator and fonts. It comes up on google with "heroquest font".

Quest templates are available to give you reproduction quality. I think StratosVX has the best format for a tool (he creates scalable vectors on a Mac I think). Scalable vector means infinite zoom with no degradation. Other Paint applivcations generate larger files with lower resolution. Then there is my LaTeX template which does the same (but if you don't know know what that is, don't bother).

This site has a search capability. And the forum has a tools section where you will find all of this.

Welcome to the inn!

So I went to Heroscribe.org to the fonts and the only font you can get is the title font. For all other fonts it directs back to the Ye Olde Inn, and the hyperlink seems busted (Hyperlink: http://www.yeoldeinn.com/design-tools.php#fontpack)

Any thoughts?
brlinzy

Hero:

Postby whitebeard » March 18th, 2019, 8:11 pm

Click on Homepage at the top of this page. Select your region / localization (North America for me).
Then click the Design Tools link and scroll down for fonts.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby brlinzy » March 18th, 2019, 9:51 pm

Thank you so much whitebeard! Half the fun of this site is finding all the gems, sometimes its not as straightforward haha. Appreciate the help!
brlinzy

Hero:

Postby SSDecontrol » August 16th, 2019, 2:21 pm

Does anyone have an active link for the HeroScribe Enhanced file for OS?

I downloaded it from the link below a couple years ago but then lost my files in a back up.

http://www.propvault.com/heroscribe

I already have HeroScribe however I want to add my own Quest Name, Quest Speech, and Quest Notes, etc.
SSDecontrol

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Return to Quests and Quest Packs