• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Old Scratch's website down?

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Old Scratch's website down?

Postby PJ_Maybe » Wednesday February 13th, 2019 9:10am

Hi everyone, apologies if this is the wrong forum for it but would anyone know what has happened to Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum? It is displaying a server error 500 message. I don't know whether it has gone for good (which would be a shame) or whether there is a temporary fault?
PJ_Maybe

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Old Scratch's website down?

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Wednesday February 13th, 2019 9:13am

I hadn't been there in a while, but it would be a shame to lose all of that history.
My Quest Book Edits - In Progress
My Quest Locations - In Progress

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » Wednesday February 13th, 2019 9:26am

Old Scratch goes on and off intermittently. I'd like to think Biff knows about this, but who knows?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby SSDecontrol » Thursday August 15th, 2019 5:36pm

Its still down.
SSDecontrol

Hero:

Postby Naked Ninja » Friday November 29th, 2019 6:11am

Hi folks.

Yes I've been checking Old Scratch's for a while seems to have been down for quite sometime.

Hopefully not a permanent shut down.

NN
Naked Ninja

Hero:

Postby lestodante » Friday November 29th, 2019 2:26pm

I am afraid also the INN could shut down one day... I see no admin or moderator online since a long time!!

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » Saturday November 30th, 2019 10:02am

We did have a scare about that earlier this year, but fortunately the Innkeeper drathe was able to be reached by email.
Who else is a mod here? I forget. I think Daedalus is one, not sure about any others.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Jalapenotrellis » Sunday December 1st, 2019 1:14am

I'd be happy to take over the website possibly if the owners pass away or something. I did my own website with WordPress, and I imagine it would pay for itself if you ran a few ads. I imagine many who play this game might be in the tech field though so would yield to them. I am not though. I wouldn't be able to monitor the forum as closely though for all the spam to take down and would need admins for that.

Alternatively, I could see it moving to Reddit.
Jalapenotrellis

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:

Postby Daedalus » Tuesday January 14th, 2020 11:45am

Count Mohawk wrote:We did have a scare about that earlier this year, but fortunately the Innkeeper drathe was able to be reached by email.
Who else is a mod here? I forget. I think Daedalus is one, not sure about any others.

I've made myself scarce lately, not up to much other than some behind-the-scenes maintenance (though I'm working on HQ-25 art.) Shoot a PM and I'll read it. It appears Goblin-King has let-off lately as well, but I wouldn't be surprised should he return to posting one day. Sjeng appears to be too busy with his new game review channel to do more than visit, but we wish him the best.

In response to the drop-off, Thor-in has taken up the mantle of Inn moderator as well. And never doubt that drathe continues to check up infrequently when his schedule allows to attend to the Inn's business.

At he bottom of the forum screens in the last tan field there's a tiny blue link button: The team. That is where anyone can find a listing of the Inn's Administrators and Moderators.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion