• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle Earth

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle Earth

Postby Daedalus » January 14th, 2019, 7:00 pm

Oh man . . .
link
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle Earth

Postby knightkrawler » January 15th, 2019, 11:52 am

Looks unappealing to me, to be honest.
The minis are probably out of scale again and the sculpts are nothing I haven't seen in better form from several manufacturers.
And the tiles I don't like either.
But that's just my taste.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » January 15th, 2019, 2:39 pm

I really don't like the look of the tiles.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Okko » January 16th, 2019, 8:12 am

Just wonder if it's yet another game with a degree of complexity that detracts from the fantasy and magic as it tries to be realistic but just adds a load of rules to remember.
Okko

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Stoner81 » January 16th, 2019, 12:36 pm

If only I could get those wolf minis to use in HeroQuest :D

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
Stoner81

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Thor-in » January 16th, 2019, 1:08 pm

I don't like the fact that you would need a tablet or some other kind of electronic device to play a "board game". I'm very old school, call me barbaric if you will. I would probably never buy that game to play it, only for the minis (which is a waste of money).
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » January 16th, 2019, 8:22 pm

Don't get me wrong... I love that my Scalextric runs along a tablet and/or mobile but for my board games I agree with Thor-in, I want electronics to stay well away.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » January 17th, 2019, 4:48 am

mitchiemasha wrote:Don't get me wrong... I love that my Scalextric runs along a tablet and/or mobile but for my board games I agree with Thor-in, I want electronics to stay well away.

+1.
I do use my laptop as my questbook, though. It sits on the chair next to me and gets its own tumbler of Riise rum. I have more fun that way as the tiles are completely open in front of me.8
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Thor-in » January 17th, 2019, 8:39 am

knightkrawler wrote:
+1.
I do use my laptop as my questbook, though. It sits on the chair next to me and gets its own tumbler of Riise rum. I have more fun that way as the tiles are completely open in front of me.8

I can agree with using a laptop for your quest books.

However to play a board game no one should need electronics. Unfortunately I have a feeling that is the way society is going. Kids now a days at least in the US (where I am) don't have to learn cursive writing anymore, or learn how to sign there name. All they have to do is learn how to print there name in school now. :smack:
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » January 23rd, 2019, 11:53 am

I should've posted the FFG link. About the tiles, I like what I see as far as the overland map is concerned. I'm not impressed with the small encounter tiles.

As for the app, I'd like to try a co-op game that reveals an exploration. Perhaps after play I'll feel differently, but at this point I look forward to the AI app integration. It's wait and see at this point.

Beyond the component issues, I gotta confess my inner Tolkien geek always gets excited about returning to Middle Earth for more adventures.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to Other Games Room