• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Teaching a New Generation Hero Quest

Share your game nights with everyone by posting images and captions, or just tell us about the exciting events that happened in your games here. Even if it's not from Saturday night, we'd like to see them!

Teaching a New Generation Hero Quest

Postby Thor-in » January 9th, 2019, 2:49 pm

I have found my new group to play HQ with.

So my nephews are learning how to play D&D from my sister. She has played D&D for over 15 years (as have I).

Anyways Friday night I pulled out my HQ stuff and asked the boys if they would like to learn a easy dungeon crawl game.
Both of my nephews yelled through the house YES, and dropped their electronics and ran to the dinning room table down stairs.
I also got my girlfriend to join in on the fun. I being Zargon, got told I'm playing the Barbarian as well. :roll:

So half way through the first quest The Trial my one nephew was ready to kill off his brothers character, just for fun.
But other then that not really exciting happened.

The four of us then played again Saturday night, with my cousin (who has played this game almost as long as I have). The Rescue of Sir Ragnar, and Lair of the Orc Warlord.

I quit enjoyed myself that night. My poor cousin (The Barbarian) forgot exactly what was in each room. My nephews (The Dwarf, The Elf) ran off in different directions and almost died, and my poor girlfriend (The Wizard) got stuck by herself fighting off two Orc's in one room. Opps.

P_20190105_180810.jpg

P_20190105_180829.jpg

All in all it was a great night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Teaching a New Generation Hero Quest

Postby Stoner81 » January 9th, 2019, 3:27 pm

Congrats bud! You doing just the bog standard game without tweaks?

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
Stoner81

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » January 9th, 2019, 3:30 pm

Thanks.

Yup at the moment. Once they get the full grasp of what they are doing, I'll tweak the game....in my favor of course.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » January 9th, 2019, 7:04 pm

I can see a strange master screen in the photos, with all the cards...

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » January 9th, 2019, 8:16 pm

lestodante wrote:I can see a strange master screen in the photos, with all the cards...

I got that from GimmeYerGold here at the Inn. I donated money to the upkeep of the Forum.

Rewards:
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Thor-in » February 4th, 2019, 2:35 pm

Well, we had another night of HQ with my nephews this past weekend.

Nephew 1 (The Dwarf)
Nephew 2 (The Elf)
My Girlfriend (The Wizard)
My Cousin / Myself (The Barbarian)

We only ended up playing through Prince Magnus' Gold, my one nephew (nephew 2) wouldn't sit still long enough to let the rest of us enjoy the game. His twin brother (nephew 1) ended up P!$$ed with him because we only played one quest.

I ended up threaten my one nephew (nephew 2) that I would hit him for three body points in one room because he wasn't listening to anyone. So in the room with the table, two Orc's, and the spear trap in it was when I realized I was only going to run one quest that night.

The Dwarf killed both Orc's in the room and then on his next turn searched for traps, so I showed where the trap was. His brother decided to walk around the Dwarf over the spear trap right after I showed him where it was. :evil: So I told him, if you REALLY want to walk that way you can take three body points of damage because your just playing the game stupidly (and no I didn't say it with anger, just you walk on it take three because I just showed you the trap there). So he decided to go a different way and I didn't hit him for three body points. After all that I ended up killing the Elf anyways in the treasure room because he neglected to let everyone else know he only had one body point left. So that was about the most excitement we had playing that night, besides for My Girlfriend sticking her tongue out at me at the right moment as I was taking the pictures so I could post them.

P_20190202_184742.jpg

P_20190202_184734.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Thor-in » March 26th, 2019, 11:10 am

So we had another night of gaming again about two weeks ago. Haven't really had time to post about it.

I did get my sister to join in on the fun, she hasn't played in +/- 20 years. So I had to give her the quick crash course on how I run the game.

We did Quest 5 Melar's Maze. Only had time to do one quest because of crash course on rule giving.

However, I actually though I was going to kill off one of the heroes.

The Barbarian and Wizard stayed together. The Dwarf went on his own, and so did the Elf. My nephew playing as the Elf wanted me to answer if the Gargoyle was going to come to life if he attacked it, or moved into the room. I refused to answer, evil Uncle that I am. :twisted:

So because the Elf ran passed the Gargoyle, in the hopes that it wouldn't attack him, he managed to jump the pit trap just to land on the spear trap. Now everyone was in a panic because the Gargoyle was activated and the Elf was by himself. So everyone ran to the aid of the Elf. Once the Barbarian slayed the Gargoyle (took my sister about five turns to do it), the Dwarf attempted to jump the pit trap but fell in, the Wizard cast pass through rock all to help kill the Skeletons that almost killed the Elf. Then I informed them that they ALL had to jump back over the pit trap to get out of the room. ALL THREE OF THEM FELL IN THE PIT trying to get out, :twisted: :lol: . I believe all four of them needed to be healed before the end of the quest, I can't fully remember.

P_20190315_190135.jpg

Next time I'll remember to take more pictures of what is going on.

Rewards:
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » March 26th, 2019, 12:59 pm

Haha, a great time indeed! :-) More, more!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » May 7th, 2021, 8:20 am

With the year I have had between COVID, my house burning down, a new baby, ext. This has been a long time coming. We finally got to play a round of HQ the two Fridays ago. Got the future wife involved and my soon to be step son. She enjoys playing, as does the step son. Whoever trying to keep an electronic out of that boys hands has turned into the biggest challenge. We had fun though, played The Lost Wizard quest. He has been slowing moving through the quests over the past few years. One of our cats even got involved in the game.

IMG_20210423_205559051.jpg

IMG_20210423_205550323.jpg

Seeing as it's Friday, I'm hoping to get my son to play again tonight.

Rewards:
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » May 7th, 2021, 9:50 am

An excellent quest, we played that one recently ourselves. Lots of changes, sorry to hear your house burned down but congrats on your new and growing family! Games bringing people together is the best.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Saturday Night DUNGEON!