• Advertisement

Looking for scans

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Elf Quest Pack: The Mage of the Mirror.

Looking for scans

Postby Laserschwert » Friday December 28th, 2018 10:13pm

Is anybody here, who has this expansion, able to provide me with high-quality scans (i.e. at least 600dpi, no filtering, no sharpening), of the box and the questbook?
Laserschwert

Skeleton
Skeleton

Re: Looking for scans

Postby sekundes » Saturday December 29th, 2018 9:56pm

I own The Mage of the Mirror but do not own a scanner to provide you with what you need. A quick search yielded these results: http://heroquest.no-ip.com/#ElfQuest-TheMageoftheMirror

You can download those scans and hopefully they will be enough for what you're looking for? The person has both the quest book and box scans.
sekundes

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Postby Laserschwert » Saturday December 29th, 2018 10:25pm

Yeah, I already have that download, unfortunately it's not at the quality I'm looking for.

I have found another one, which is at 300dpi, which will probably be the one I'm using if I can't find someone to provide me with 600dpi scans.
Laserschwert

Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby lestodante » Monday December 31st, 2018 3:07pm

I can scan the questbook but can't scan the box (I have the top part only) because my scanner is A4 size and has a stupid border around the glass so the box will be lifted up on 1 side and it creates deformations in the final result.
Just sent you a PM with a preliminary image to check the quality.

Image Image

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Laserschwert » Monday December 31st, 2018 10:02pm

And replied... Thanks a lot!

Is the Quest Book title the only difference between these two editions?

And regarding the box, it's only nice to have. I already have the Don Kueker artwork in my artwork thread, but the image I scanned from the Kueker artbook was relatively small. I've already overlayed a scan of the box that I found online (not a great one), to slightly increase detail in that center area of the image, but a proper box scan would bump up the quality considerably.
Laserschwert

Skeleton
Skeleton

Return to The Mage of the Mirror