• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack][5 Quests] - Quest for the Shattered Amulet -WIP

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack][5 Quests] - Quest for the Shattered Amulet

Postby knightkrawler » January 5th, 2019, 3:28 am

I misread a few things. Early in the morning, before coffee. I should avoid doing that like the pest.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Pancho » January 5th, 2019, 3:35 am

I'm liking the large number of rat men that are in the centre room. I always thought that the Durrag Dol quest didn't have enough Skaven in it.
Looking forward to seeing all 5 quests. At the moment it's quite difficult to buy into a story without seeing the full intro.

Out of interest, does anybody know how many official Advanced Heroquest adventures there were, and how many of these have been converted to Heroquest? I never owned the Advanced game. What are the stories like, do they fit into the Heroquest world that we know from the game system and expansions?

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Okko » January 5th, 2019, 4:48 am

Looking forward to seeing the other quests. I bought the advanced set originally but never really played it and found it too complicated for my none gaming friends and used the parts to play Heroquest. I sold off the figures and tokens some time ago but saved Most of the other card pieces.Hopefully I saved the playing pieces for these quests!.
Okko

Orc
Orc

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » January 5th, 2019, 6:24 am

Pancho wrote:Out of interest, does anybody know how many official Advanced Heroquest adventures there were, and how many of these have been converted to Heroquest? I never owned the Advanced game. What are the stories like, do they fit into the Heroquest world that we know from the game system and expansions?

Advanced HeroQuest is mostly based off of random dungeon designs from dice rolls.

Original game only had this one quest actually drawn out.

Then there was one expansion Terror in the Dark and several quests released in White Dwarf magazine.

Not sure how many have already been converted.

Advanced HeroQuest story fits pretty well as it takes place in the Warhammer world. Which HeroQuest takes place in an alternate world based off of the Warhammer world. So the names all fit together and most people use the same maps.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Pancho » January 5th, 2019, 10:33 am

j_dean80 wrote:
Pancho wrote:Out of interest, does anybody know how many official Advanced Heroquest adventures there were, and how many of these have been converted to Heroquest? I never owned the Advanced game. What are the stories like, do they fit into the Heroquest world that we know from the game system and expansions?

Advanced HeroQuest is mostly based off of random dungeon designs from dice rolls.

Then there was one expansion Terror in the Dark and several quests released in White Dwarf magazine.

Advanced HeroQuest story fits pretty well as it takes place in the Warhammer world. Which HeroQuest takes place in an alternate world based off of the Warhammer world. So the names all fit together and most people use the same maps.

If the quests are mostly randomly generated I can see why they wouldn't be straightforward to convert to Heroquest.
How do the quest notes in advanced Heroquest work, if there is no fixed dungeon layout?

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » January 5th, 2019, 11:05 am

Pancho wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:

If the quests are mostly randomly generated I can see why they wouldn't be straightforward to convert to Heroquest.
How do the quest notes in advanced Heroquest work, if there is no fixed dungeon layout?

It basically says "Here are some story ideas now go and play." but not in so many words. AHQ is designed more like an RPG and it's for the EWP to design story line.

There isn't really any others pre-written (that I've found) except one for Solo play with lots of dice rolls to see how the monsters react.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Pancho » January 5th, 2019, 5:25 pm

Cheers JDean. The image I had in my mind of Advanced Heroquest was quite different from how it actually plays, it seems.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » January 5th, 2019, 5:32 pm

Pancho wrote:Cheers JDean. The image I had in my mind of Advanced Heroquest was quite different from how it actually plays, it seems.

Same here. I never owned it but been going through all the rulesbooks to find the quests.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » January 8th, 2019, 4:43 pm

I'm pretty sure I have all the AHQ adventures that were officially published. I'm not at home at the moment, but will have a look when I get back and let you know.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » January 10th, 2019, 11:30 pm

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs