• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Printing cards?

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Printing cards?

Postby Scipio » December 15th, 2018, 8:19 pm

In my ongoing Quest to recreate a HQ set I'm now looking to have the cards printed. I'm sure I could track some of them down elsewhere, but I'll prefer to have the whole lot done identically.

Does anyone have any experience with using the files here to print cards? Is there a lot of work to do to make sure they're the same size and decent quality? I assume they don't line up nicely on both sides so that I can just print it directly on suitable material...?
Last edited by Daedalus on May 14th, 2021, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved topic from General Heroquest Discussion room
Scipio

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Printing cards?

Postby clmckay » December 15th, 2018, 8:58 pm

Save yourself an aneurysm. GimmieYerGold has a set of HQ card files posted here somewhere. Grab those and put them through printerstudio or mpc. So much easier and better outcome.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » December 15th, 2018, 9:27 pm

Generally speaking, do-it-yourself card-printing jobs are difficult to pull off successfully. Most home printers have some margin of 'wobble' you have to account for when setting up the print jobs, which usually means having an extra 1/8" or 1/4" bleed on one side of the card. Then there's the matter of cutting them, which usually requires a tool slightly larger than home scissors.

That said, I have a large supply of cardstock and I don't care about perfection, so I do print my own cards. It definitely helps to have the online templates though!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » December 15th, 2018, 9:30 pm

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Scipio » December 16th, 2018, 8:03 am

clmckay wrote:http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4231&p=85833#p85833

Here it is.

Thank you! That'll come in handy.
Scipio

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Return to Cards