• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

DungeonQuest Remake

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

DungeonQuest Remake

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » July 27th, 2018, 6:07 am

HI ALL !

Here is my personnal little project in remaking an old game, originaly named "Drakborgen", published in 1985, shortly after published by Games Workshop under the title of "Dungeonquest". There was a second and a third version of Dungeonquest published by Fantasy Flight Games but it is no longer produced.

Below, you'll find my firsts sheet of tiles and treasures cournters, based on the GW version of Dungeonquest and Dungeonquest Catacombs. 2 more sheets and all the 135 tiles will be ready to use ! You'll find some new treasure counters, some with lesser value, other with a GREAT value. Some of them are Amulets, or magic rings, but all are destined to be found in the treasure chamber. I'll soon remaking all the card decks and the game board, withh some new goodies and personnal rules. After that I'll make all the character sheets and paper models.

Hope you lik all of this.

Maître Haut Elfe sur un arbre perché, tenait dans son bec l'Enclume des nains.... (Ca sent la fracture de Crâne) http://ahqnewgen.clicforum.com/index.php
Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: DungeonQuest Remake

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » July 28th, 2018, 6:17 am

Here is the 8th tiles sheet. 15 more tiles and all the official tiles from the GW version will be rebuilded. You'll find here all the five trapped rooms, the first Catacombs access room, the two botomless pits, the two last caved-in rooms, two of the bridge tiles.

Maître Haut Elfe sur un arbre perché, tenait dans son bec l'Enclume des nains.... (Ca sent la fracture de Crâne) http://ahqnewgen.clicforum.com/index.php
Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » July 28th, 2018, 2:04 pm

I like Dungeonquest and its miniatures, especially from the expansion. I wanted to do an Italian translation of all the rules and cards since seem it doesn't exist yet.
As for your remake, I just notice there are too much green on the tiles, because both floor and walls are green. My suggestion is to try a different color combination or it will look like you are in a labyrint garden instead of a dungeon.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » July 28th, 2018, 5:12 pm

lestodante wrote:I like Dungeonquest and its miniatures, especially from the expansion. I wanted to do an Italian translation of all the rules and cards since seem it doesn't exist yet.
As for your remake, I just notice there are too much green on the tiles, because both floor and walls are green. My suggestion is to try a different color combination or it will look like you are in a labyrint garden instead of a dungeon.

Whoops... You are probably right for the green... :| It'll be a hard work to rebuild all of that, but indeed, it is necessary I'm afraid... sigh... :cry:
Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » July 29th, 2018, 4:43 pm

lestodante wrote:I like Dungeonquest and its miniatures, especially from the expansion. I wanted to do an Italian translation of all the rules and cards since seem it doesn't exist yet.

The walls colors has been changed. What do you think about ?

Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » July 30th, 2018, 5:47 pm

I think it is the green floor causing problems because other tiles are ok. This is just my opinion, of course.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » August 4th, 2018, 4:10 am

Here is the 9th sheet of tiles. All the official 135 tiles from the GW version are done now !

Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » August 5th, 2018, 9:59 am

Hi all !

Here are my Dragons Cards to see in the Treasure Chamber if the Dragon is asleep or awaken.

Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » August 5th, 2018, 11:10 am

I love those cards. A really creative use of a great miniature.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » August 5th, 2018, 12:05 pm

Pancho wrote:I love those cards. A really creative use of a great miniature.

Yes, the Citadel "Great Imperial Dragon", aka Mordax the cursed female dragon. She's immortal and all her sons are Chaos Dragons, juste like Kegox, the two headed Chaos Dragon. Indeed, in my version, the Dragon of Dungeonquest IS Mordax. She is waiting for her sons, hoping that the great treasure of Dragon Fire Castle will attract all of them, just to kill them once and for all. In that cursed castle, she's protected from the temptation to mate with a male of her race... But the treasure is essential to reach her goal. So, those pathetics adventurers will perish if they attempting to steal her hoard...

Here is a new version of the cards :

Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Other Games Room