Best Way To Store Heroquest

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Best Way To Store Heroquest

Postby Wolf » Tuesday July 24th, 2018 12:54am

I've been wondering for a while what the best way to store Heroquest and all the miniatures, the board, quests, and cards, etc. From looking around all I have really seen were people putting their stuff in clear tub boxes which I don't really like and to me seems like it can break easier. I do like the old Games Workshop Cases but those would only carry the minis and some quests (Maybe the board if you got a big one).

I'd be thankful for any help.
My campaigns in order of story from left to right:
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Best Way To Store Heroquest

Postby Anderas » Tuesday July 24th, 2018 5:51am

I have a plethora of Ferrero Rocher boxes with magnetic floor. It is not a good solution but at least it is better than the original game boxes.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Stoner81 » Tuesday July 24th, 2018 7:36am

I have all my minis in the game box but I have 2 sets of the minis in one box. The furniture I have in a plastic tub and the tiles in another.

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
Stoner81

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Tuesday July 24th, 2018 2:34pm

Ah yes and my hero sheets are on the inside with a pocket as to store their cards and their character sheet with them.

And now that I see it, i find again the failure that Daedalus mentioned so long ago! aaarrrrrgggg! :-)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » Tuesday July 24th, 2018 2:44pm

Why wouldn't you be able to store the cards and furniture in a regular miniatures case?

The way I see it, the board is the only part that wouldn't fit. If you absolutely have to keep it all in one box, then look into finding a case large enough and then cut some foam to fit.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » Wednesday July 25th, 2018 3:00am

cornixt wrote:Why wouldn't you be able to store the cards and furniture in a regular miniatures case?

The way I see it, the board is the only part that wouldn't fit. If you absolutely have to keep it all in one box, then look into finding a case large enough and then cut some foam to fit.

For starters I had the original cards and all the cards from the expansions, custom cards, and some of my own custom card ideas, all printed out on Terro Sized Cards. So they are A) Pretty dang big, and B) A lot of them. But thanks for the rest of the help.
My campaigns in order of story from left to right:
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Wednesday July 25th, 2018 7:23am

Wolf wrote:I've been wondering for a while what the best way to store Heroquest and all the miniatures, the board, quests, and cards, etc. From looking around all I have really seen were people putting their stuff in clear tub boxes which I don't really like and to me seems like it can break easier. I do like the old Games Workshop Cases but those would only carry the minis and some quests (Maybe the board if you got a big one).

I'd be thankful for any help.

Maybe the HeroChest: Machinist's Tool Chest - HeroQuest Box will interest you.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » Wednesday July 25th, 2018 9:37am

Wolf wrote:
cornixt wrote:Why wouldn't you be able to store the cards and furniture in a regular miniatures case?

For starters I had the original cards and all the cards from the expansions, custom cards, and some of my own custom card ideas, all printed out on Terro Sized Cards. So they are A) Pretty dang big, and B) A lot of them. But thanks for the rest of the help.

This would have been useful to know from the start. Foam is really easy to cut, so there would be no issues with chopping up an existing pre-cut piece to make a slot large enough for your custom pieces. Alternatively you can buy your own uncut foam and cut all the holes to whatever size you like. It's not as neat, but it works great for custom stuff. I've done this to fill a cardboard box from an Amazon order with all my larger monster miniatures.

I'm not a fan of the current GW cases, prefer the old style stuff (individual slots of models) that is still made by Kaiser Rushforth and Feldherr. Both do pick-and-pluck foam so you don't even need much skill with cutting.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Thursday July 26th, 2018 9:11am

The best way to store Heroquest, is, with more Heroquest! In a big pile.

But seriously, I only keep generic monsters in the main boxes. All painted figures are kept in an assortment of plastic and cardboard boxes and containers.

I keep my original EU HQ at my brothers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Admiral

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion