Looking for 3D artist (or other artist) - For HQ Project

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Looking for 3D artist (or other artist) - For HQ Project

Postby DarakuTenshi » Monday July 2nd, 2018 6:27pm

Good afternoon everyone.

I have been working on a project based on Phoenix's HeroQuest Master Instruction Book (he is already aware of this). This is basically being created for my own amusement, but it is something that will also be available for free as an eBook. I'm creating a stylized hardback book of the Master Instructions which will include extra's to make it a definitive collection. It will contain all of the rules from all expansions in one book, bestiaries, magic resource, armory, alchemist's shop, all official quests broken up by expansions and any side quests that may fit in between.

The problem is... right now I'm stuck. I'm working on the alchemist's shop and I'm unable to draw out the bottles of potions that were put in the expansions. This is where I'm looking for help. I've been trying to draw the potions from scratch, but they look way too cartoony. I tried to do some photo edits to make the bottles look like the official art, but I can't seem to make it look the way I would like it to. What I would like is for the potion to be sitting in what looks to be a recess in the wall of the shop with the potion sitting on the shelf. See lowres example below of the WIP of my too cartoony looking potions. I would like to see something closer to what the weapons look like on the cardboard Armory in HQ. So, if you have photoshop skills and would like to help by creating the 4 potions from each expansion (12 total - 2 out of the 12 look identical but I'd like to see different colors for the similar items) Frozen Horror, Keller's Keep, and Mage in the Mirror.

So, if you are interested in helping me out please make mention here and send me a PM. I'd like to finish this project up before fall hits. If I can't find anyone here, I may just finish up drawing these items on my own. But wouldn't mind adding extra skilled members of the forum to the project.

Here are a few glimpses into what I'm doing with the book, remember these are all low resolution WIP images:
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Looking for 3D artist (or other artist) - For HQ Project

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Monday July 9th, 2018 1:02pm

This looks great! I look forward to seeing a finished product.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Tuesday July 10th, 2018 11:12pm

Maybe Necrothug can help you. I'm not too sure if it what you are looking for, but check out his Alchemist download. gravaillon also has nice 3D potions at his blogspot. Neither member frequents the Inn much anymore, but a PM or email might work.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby DarakuTenshi » Wednesday July 11th, 2018 8:00am

Thanks, I'll check that out.
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » Wednesday July 11th, 2018 9:52am

Wow....just wow.

That looks freaking amazing.

Have you checked out Herman_the_German's gallery over on BGG. He's got a crap ton of bottles in the original style and design. They're not colorized, but that would be easier than trying to draw from scratch...I think. I don't know anything about artistry.

I LOVE the look you've got so far for this book. It's amazing.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Storm Master
Storm Master

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby DarakuTenshi » Friday July 13th, 2018 6:07pm

I looked around and couldn't find the bottles. You don't by chance have a link do you?
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » Saturday July 14th, 2018 8:24am

Yeah...that's why I didn't link to it. That website is a nightmare to find specific things on.

However, I went back through my library. I have a copy of them attached below.

They're a bit different than what I remembered, I hope they're still useful for you

HtG_PotionCards.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Storm Master
Storm Master

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby DarakuTenshi » Saturday July 14th, 2018 3:47pm

Oh, so they are just like the images in the expansions. Thank you for taking the time to look it up though. I'm wanting to have something that looks almost photo-realistic.
DarakuTenshi

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion