• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Enemy losing limbs

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: Enemy losing limbs

Postby burglekutt » June 14th, 2018, 10:18 am

Big Bene wrote:Just some ideas you may find interesting or not:
Instead of attacking just the next opening in the opponent's defense a figure can aim for a special target.

That doesn't seem like a bad system actually, but i must say, i am not a fan of Called Shots for HQ like I know a lot of us aren't. It either complicates or slows things down.

Head Shots & Insta Kills seem ridiculous to me in a game like HQ given the monsters weak BPs as it is. Even for my own Thief Hero, I only allow a 1BP Dam undefended with a Backstab. I'm not letting a Gargoyle or CWarrior die because a Thief made his "Stealth Roll."

I'm thinking the player just says "I strike a Limb". We lower the difficulty of the shot but at the same time lower the amount of Damage caused to the enemy. Again, the only way I can see that a Hero could hurt an enemy with out doing BP Damage, would be to lower the enemies stats.

This may sound cool/Over Powered or complicated, but the Hero is actually giving up a chance to make a normal swing & possibly kill the enemy outright. This shouldn't be a bonus in any way, the player is simply giving up the slim chance to kill an enemy....for a better chance to hurt the enemy.

If we agree on that, then it opens up a cool Monk class Hero who can slowly beat an enemy to death by taking away all the enemies Att/Def & Move Die with kicks, pressure point punches or Nunchu swings.

Never mind the Feat/Skill Card possibilities where you disable two adjacent enemies arms in one swing thereby lowering both those enemies Attacks by one. Same for Movement if you hit their legs. The possibilities are quite broader when you think about it.
burglekutt

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Big Bene » June 14th, 2018, 11:45 am

Josh wrote:That doesn't seem like a bad system actually, but i must say, i am not a fan of Called Shots for HQ like I know a lot of us aren't. It either complicates or slows things down.
I'm cool with that, just had some ideas and thought you could perhaps find them interesting to read or ispriring for your own project. Personally, I prefer HQ as simple as possible, and would never use this system myself. :roll:
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby burglekutt » June 14th, 2018, 5:06 pm

Big Bene wrote:
Josh wrote:Personally, I prefer HQ as simple as possible, and would never use this system myself.

I hear ya. Just paid 130$ for the game off eBay & will give it a shot.Wish my folks hadn't thrown away the two sets I had in the early 90s.
burglekutt

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Rules