• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

replacement box for storage/transport

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: replacement box for storage/transport

Postby knightkrawler » May 17th, 2018, 10:36 am

cornixt wrote:Daunting? As a newbie it was a real bugger to find anything. There are so many subject overlapping subforums and subsubforums...

Just to throw out the last thought on the topic: what caused all that?
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Goblin-King » May 17th, 2018, 11:25 am

I'll just chip in and say this topic is basically "How do you transport your painted HQ". I think that's entirely in the spirit of Ye Olde Inn.
Slamming a new users topic or telling people to shut up is not.

Play nice! |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » May 17th, 2018, 11:57 am

Goblin-King wrote:I'll just chip in and say this topic is basically "How do you transport your painted HQ". I think that's entirely in the spirit of Ye Olde Inn.
Slamming a new users topic or telling people to shut up is not.

Play nice! |_P

I'll happily play nice. I do play nice, with this one exception.
Because you're right, slamming a new users topic is NOT in the spirit of the Inn.
However, when certain people do slam new users, they should be called out on it.
And that's exactly what I did.
And regardless of how anyone feels about HOW I went about it, defending new users and addressing negative comments IS playing nice.

That's all I have to say.
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » May 17th, 2018, 12:34 pm

So let's leave this behind us an move forward |_P
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Pancho » May 17th, 2018, 2:00 pm

I made my own HQ box. It's a bit naff but I think a similar process could be used to make a better one for very little cost.

After raiding this place for tons of new materials I found that I had way too many tiles and quest books to fit in the box I've had since I was 9, which was falling to bits anyway.
Since it was close to Xmas I waiting until the inevitable deluge of left over boxes, and chose one to form the basis of my new hq box. It was a rather massive box left over from a train set my son had for Xmas from his granny. It had one of those flap lids that opens up on the largest side, rather than at the edges, and this suited my purposes.
I whacked a few coats of glossy black paint over the whole thing then glued the salvageable bits from my original hq box to the new box, covering all sides.
It actually looks pretty good. The only thing that stops it from being transported easily is the sheer weight of the stuff inside :o

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » May 17th, 2018, 6:03 pm

Pancho wrote:I made my own HQ box. It's a bit naff but I think a similar process could be used to make a better one for very little cost.

After raiding this place for tons of new materials I found that I had way too many tiles and quest books to fit in the box I've had since I was 9, which was falling to bits anyway.
Since it was close to Xmas I waiting until the inevitable deluge of left over boxes, and chose one to form the basis of my new hq box. It was a rather massive box left over from a train set my son had for Xmas from his granny. It had one of those flap lids that opens up on the largest side, rather than at the edges, and this suited my purposes.
I whacked a few coats of glossy black paint over the whole thing then glued the salvageable bits from my original hq box to the new box, covering all sides.
It actually looks pretty good. The only thing that stops it from being transported easily is the sheer weight of the stuff inside :o

Pictures or it did not happen.

I like the HeroChest http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2782... but you will need to add foam for rattle free transport.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby timlillig » June 5th, 2018, 9:53 pm

cornixt wrote:Hard to beat a foam case from Feldherr or Kaiser-Rushforth for the price.

Do either of those companies make a case suitable for Heroquest? The only ones I saw that were big enough to hold the board seemed about the size of a large suitcase, which would leave a lot of room for pieces to bounce around, or a lot of unused foam trays just taking up space.
timlillig

Hero:

Postby timlillig » June 5th, 2018, 10:12 pm

TMU wrote:I agree with KK. I just searched trough the forum and it took me four minutes to find the thread were wooden boxes for HQ were compared. I hinted that cases done by other members are found here but couldn't be bothered to find the exact link since I didn't need it personally.

http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=523&hilit=chest+wood

Still think I shouldn't have to do this but oh well, I was there already. You're welcome. |_P

I'll replay to this post in particular as one example of the vast majority of responses in this thread to say "no thanks." As I mention in my original post, I have seen examples of wooden boxes. That does include the ones posted to this forum. I don't know how you got the impression that I'm asking you to conduct a review of literature on the topic, but I most certainly am not. The post you link to is from 2010. I have read it several times. Like I said, I have seen other examples. I didn't think I should need to point out the other examples on this forum, just as you feel you don't need to. I am interested in anything anyone might have done recently and not yet posted, or any thoughts on the ideas i put forth my post.
timlillig

Hero:

Postby timlillig » June 5th, 2018, 10:15 pm

knightkrawler wrote:
aaronAGN wrote:
TMU wrote:Well, as long as I have known KK he doesn't mean anything he says on a bad way, sarcastic and straight-yes, rude-no. What he means is it would take as long to search whatever you are looking for that it takes to type the initial question. I find it a bit lazy to just wait for someone to send you the link to whatever you need instead of trying to find it yourself. After all this, I do not mean timlillig did so, he might have searched but just couldn't find it. :2cents:

Well whether intentional or not, it was still rude.

And there's a BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN being lazy, and actively trying to engage in a community.

Care to point me to where timlillig was actively engaging in a community?
He hasn't been here since he asked the question.
But we are supposed to serve the answers.
Has happened before, with other members, not so long ago.

I'm curious what you feel was so engaging that it warranted my response.
timlillig

Hero:

Postby timlillig » June 5th, 2018, 10:24 pm

Pancho wrote:I made my own HQ box. It's a bit naff but I think a similar process could be used to make a better one for very little cost.

I have not really considered just waiting until a decent sized box crosses my path. I have some spare cardboard around, so I may just cut and assemble it into my own configuration. Does your box have a tray inside that slides out, or what makes opening on the side so convenient? I would think things get banged around quite a bit if you just have to pour everything out the side.
timlillig

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion