• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Wizard Staff

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Wizard Staff

Postby j_dean80 » Sunday April 29th, 2018 9:07pm

I have a mini I am needing a Wizard's Staff for. Cheap suggestions of where to get such a piece?
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Wizard Staff

Postby aaronAGN » Sunday April 29th, 2018 10:28pm

j_dean80 wrote:I have a mini I am needing a Wizard's Staff for. Cheap suggestions of where to get such a piece?

Any ideas for the size, style, etc?
Full body length? Taller? Half-height? Super skinny? Thick like a bo-staff? Knobby like a cudgel?
aaronAGN

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » Sunday April 29th, 2018 11:36pm

if you can't find one, they are super easy to make with green stuff. shape it to the desired shape, then lightly press something with the texture you want into it to give a texture. for example, fabric pressed into greenstuff will give a fabric cushion texture for furniture. The same approach would work for a staff to give a wood grain texture with knobs and dents in it.
DullandRusty

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Monday April 30th, 2018 12:06am

You can even take a piece of wire as core for the Green Stuff wizard staff.
It will be the best wizard staff ever made. :-)

Zealotminiatures used to cast resin with metal core for some of the parts, to avoid breaking. Just contact Thantos here in the Forums.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Monday April 30th, 2018 6:34am

aaronAGN wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:I have a mini I am needing a Wizard's Staff for. Cheap suggestions of where to get such a piece?

Any ideas for the size, style, etc?
Full body length? Taller? Half-height? Super skinny? Thick like a bo-staff? Knobby like a cudgel?

Similar to the HQ Wizard staff. It is for my female Wizard.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » Monday April 30th, 2018 6:35am

DullandRusty wrote:if you can't find one, they are super easy to make with green stuff. shape it to the desired shape, then lightly press something with the texture you want into it to give a texture. for example, fabric pressed into greenstuff will give a fabric cushion texture for furniture. The same approach would work for a staff to give a wood grain texture with knobs and dents in it.

I do not own green stuff nor ever worked with it.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » Monday April 30th, 2018 12:38pm

Use a toothpick and if you can, add some green stuff on it, to shape the top or for decorations

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » Monday April 30th, 2018 8:41pm

j_dean80 wrote:
DullandRusty wrote:if you can't find one, they are super easy to make with green stuff. shape it to the desired shape, then lightly press something with the texture you want into it to give a texture. for example, fabric pressed into greenstuff will give a fabric cushion texture for furniture. The same approach would work for a staff to give a wood grain texture with knobs and dents in it.

I do not own green stuff nor ever worked with it.

its pretty cheap. $8 or so, but a pack goes a long way. I have converted 20 or so minis, sculpting arms, adding armor skirts, etc with it and still have tons left. a little goes a long long way. you just take the blue and yellow (a small bit of it) and knead it together. just keep your fingers wet so it doesnt stick to your hands.

metal dental tools work really well for sculpting if you get into it. I also use silicone paint movers or silicone sculpting tools. they are a little flimsy so tough sometimes to use but the greenstuff never sticks to them so they help to smooth out the surfaces
DullandRusty

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Miniatures