• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Name that Mini!

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Name that Mini!

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Monday October 9th, 2017 11:46am

Sometimes you come across miniatures that look really cool but you're not sure where they came from originally. Who designed them? Where were they purchased? Were they from a game? ¯\(°_o)/¯

Hopefully with the collected smarts from the community, some of these can be properly identified and maybe others can also find and buy the same cool minis for their own use.

I didn't see a similar thread, so I figured I'd start one that people can use to post their mysterious minis.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Re: Name that Mini!

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Monday October 9th, 2017 11:51am

My first one is this guy:

ImageImageImageImage

A guy on a HeroQuest Facebook group posted this one. He said he got it a box of minis he got from eBay. He called it a Troll and said he put it on a base from a broken mini.

Anyone know where it might have come from originally?

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » Monday October 9th, 2017 12:09pm

Cool idea for a thread.
I saw that Facebook post as well.
I don't know anything about the troll though.
aaronAGN

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Monday October 9th, 2017 12:11pm

I have no idea...
I know that the weapon bit on his right fist is from the Ogre Bulls or Ironguts kit (GW).
The rest - to me - looks like something old and not necessarily a troll originally
and heavily modded or even scratch-built.
The level of detail makes me lean towards the guy having several useful bits and sculpting a few parts around that.

The concept and pose are awesome and I like the head though I wish it had more detail...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Monday October 9th, 2017 12:26pm

knightkrawler wrote:I have no idea...
I know that the weapon bit on his right fist is from the Ogre Bulls or Ironguts kit (GW).
The rest - to me - looks like something old and not necessarily a troll originally
and heavily modded or even scratch-built.
The level of detail makes me lean towards the guy having several useful bits and sculpting a few parts around that.

The concept and pose are awesome and I like the head though I wish it had more detail...

It seems wild to me that someone might put in the time to mod or build this from scratch and then just sell it off in a lot on eBay.

Rewards:
Spookyhappyfun

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Monday October 9th, 2017 2:12pm

Why?
Change of hobby, no time anymore, moving places...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » Monday October 9th, 2017 3:04pm

You see it all the time. Complete assembled and well painted armies... sold for a quick buck.
It's a bit sad when someone sells out of their hobby, not because they have become bored with it, but because they just need the money more than their hobby.
I hope none of us ever get in that situation!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby benvoliothefirst » Monday October 9th, 2017 4:24pm

What a unique and original custom! I love it! I want one painted just like that!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » Monday October 9th, 2017 8:14pm

When I saw the shoulder pad, I thought "Blood Bowl". And that is indeed what he is. Google "Blood Bowl Troll", select images and he's on the first page. The weapon is an add-on, but everything else is stock, including the river troll details on his back.

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mukami » Monday October 9th, 2017 10:38pm

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Killed a mighty Fimir! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mukami

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Miniatures