• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Failed to playtest

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Barbarian Quest Pack: The Frozen Horror.

Failed to playtest

Postby Daedalus » September 28th, 2017, 12:59 am

Hero Quest was playtested by groups of boys extensively as part of its development. Not so with this expansion.

alyndavies wrote:We did have one minor drama on quest 6 or 7 where I spent the best part of 10 minutes looking everywhere for the spell book plastic scenery thing (Alter piece), and the damn thing was already on the bloody board, for some reason there are 2 of them on the quest which totally confused me. One in the center room and one in the top left quarter of the map.

alyndavies was referring to Quest 5, The Deadly Depths. Even this simple error got by the editor.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Failed to playtest

Postby j_dean80 » September 28th, 2017, 7:29 am

Daedalus wrote:Hero Quest was playtested by groups of boys extensively as part of its development. Not so with this expansion.

alyndavies wrote:We did have one minor drama on quest 6 or 7 where I spent the best part of 10 minutes looking everywhere for the spell book plastic scenery thing (Alter piece), and the damn thing was already on the bloody board, for some reason there are 2 of them on the quest which totally confused me. One in the center room and one in the top left quarter of the map.

alyndavies was referring to Quest 5, The Deadly Depths. Even this simple error got by the editor.

The "non-center room" one plays no role and could easily be left off. Perhaps MB assumed by this expansion the players would have an extra.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » September 28th, 2017, 12:57 pm

I don't know why they'd assume they'd have two of them, it's obviously a mistake. If there's no tomb in that quest then the other one was probably meant to be that. Against The Ogre Hoard is the worst offender, I can't remember the details but there's at least three errors worse or as bad as that.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » September 28th, 2017, 2:24 pm

Where is that quote from?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » September 28th, 2017, 3:24 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:I don't know why they'd assume they'd have two of them, it's obviously a mistake. If there's no tomb in that quest then the other one was probably meant to be that. Against The Ogre Hoard is the worst offender, I can't remember the details but there's at least three errors worse or as bad as that.

You missed the sarcasm.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » September 29th, 2017, 8:28 am

j_dean80 wrote:You missed the sarcasm.
Oops sorry, it's hard to tell on line. |_P
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby TMU » October 17th, 2017, 6:25 am

j_dean80 wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:I don't know why they'd assume they'd have two of them, it's obviously a mistake. If there's no tomb in that quest then the other one was probably meant to be that. Against The Ogre Hoard is the worst offender, I can't remember the details but there's at least three errors worse or as bad as that.

You missed the sarcasm.

Sarcasm: You missed the tags. /Sarcasm |_P
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » October 17th, 2017, 11:24 am

I hate those tags. IvenBach should continue to use them because he has been working it funnily, but other than that it dismisses the recipient's intelligence.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » October 30th, 2017, 3:07 pm

While I generally agree with you about sarcasm tags and so choose not use them, I thought TMU's example was worth a chuckle. Too bad their not pink.

Goblin-King wrote:Where is that quote from?

If you mean alyndavies' quote, it's in the fifth paragraph from this post at Saturday Night DUNGEON!.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » October 26th, 2018, 11:18 am

I agree that this was a bit of a blunder, but there are also errors in the Elf Quest pack, a set of Magical Elven Chainmail Armor was a reward for the 1st solo quest, but it's supposed to be a set of Magical Elven Bracers.
I really can't be surprised it's the American expansion packs that have all the errors.
Last edited by wallydubbs on November 9th, 2018, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Next

Return to The Frozen Horror