• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [13 Quests] - Champion of the Empire

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack] [13 Quests] - Champion of the Empire

Postby The Admiral » Thursday July 26th, 2018 1:02pm

knightkrawler wrote:in the back of the quest book, at least the french original.
i think.

That's brilliant thanks.
The Admiral

Ogre
Ogre

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Sunday July 29th, 2018 4:17pm

It is interesting to note that of the 8 Special characters introduced in this questpack, only 7 of them can be encountered. There is no Slayer, although the Dwarf could become one.
The Admiral

Ogre
Ogre

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Wednesday August 1st, 2018 3:02pm

Never noticed. I imagine he was passed over for the final confrontation as his ability is useless against Heroes/Champions. Or maybe he's just a dick.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Wednesday August 21st, 2019 2:30pm

I'm looking at quest 3 and wonder if the 'patrolling' Guards start on the board? I would think yes. Likewise I assume the solo guards don't start on the board, otherwise there would be nobody to appear on the raising of the alarm, unless of course they have all been previously seen by the Heroes.

Also, what is the point of the villagers? There are no rules regarding them such as having to get them off the board safely or stop them from being killed as in other quests. They can't attack anyone. Are they just supposed to get in the Heroes way and get killed. Would they prevent a room being searched as a regular monster should? I am thinking of just replacing them with Zombies.
The Admiral

Ogre
Ogre

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Saturday September 14th, 2019 12:08pm

Not sure I'll get an answer to this, but in the starting room of Quest 13 is the double corridor to the north accessible. There is no double door as in quest 5, but no double blocked tile either. So either the corridor is not accessible, or else it should be set up with the Chaos Warrior straight away?
The Admiral

Ogre
Ogre

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs