• Advertisement
HeroGM Advanced Soundboard

Dive into the dimension of dynamic sound with Hero GM!
Free version available! Save 10% on full version with offer code "yeoldeinn"

Variable Body Points

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Against the Ogre Horde Quest Pack.

Re: Variable Body Points

Postby Jalapenotrellis » Friday September 20th, 2019 2:53pm

It is a hive mind. If you read the rule book, they explain the ogre body points pretty clearly. An ogre will die faster if another character has been wailing on one elsewhere.
Jalapenotrellis

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Variable Body Points

Postby Pancho » Friday September 20th, 2019 3:53pm

The only explanation I can think of is the concept of reduncy, like how an engineer puts more rivets on a plane than it actually needs nearly all of the time, the game designer put more “skulls” on the chart than there are actual Ogres in the quest. Those skulls will never realistically get used, but in theory they could be if a player decides to add in extra ogres or make the Wandering Monster into an Ogre, or extra cards that allow an Ogre to be raised from the dead etc.
It’s not that odd really. If I was writing these quests I’d probably do the same, for the same reasons. But I’m not a fan of the variable body points in the first place, so I’d never get to that stage.

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Against the Ogre Horde