• Advertisement

A New Warhammer Quest - Shadows Over Hammerhal

Topics relating to WarhammerQuest.

Re: A New Warhammer Quest - Shadows Over Hammerhal

Postby Goblin-King » Saturday February 25th, 2017 5:31am

mitchiemasha wrote:But I did stumble upon this guy...

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Sl ... alted-Hero

I actually have the original I bought with a handful of classic chaos warriors for cheap a while back.
Didn't realize he was special in any way - Besides having seemingly been the inspiration for the HQ chaos warriors :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » Saturday February 25th, 2017 12:18pm

mitchiemasha wrote:But I did stumble upon this guy...

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Sl ... alted-Hero

I struggle to understand how this model can be $25. It's cool from a nostalgia perspective and better than anything they have released in a long time. But I wouldn't buy this for $9. You should be able to get 12 of these for $30.

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » Saturday February 25th, 2017 3:28pm

Yeah... too expensive. I prefer the HQ version anyways.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mitchiemasha

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ampersand » Wednesday December 6th, 2017 8:08pm

not posted in a while. but quite surprised you guys shot all over this one in the way you did. its actually a pretty good game.
ive made a few blog posts on this very game expressing all of my thoughts. so if any of you are curious at all. might be worth giving them a read :)
happy to answer any questions as well if anyone has them. but for me *bold statement time" i honestly think this is the nearest successor to heroquest |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » Wednesday December 6th, 2017 11:30pm

Welcome back Ampersand!

I was looking forward to another "no GM" game. We played through Silver Tower and it was definitely worth the price just to play it through with my son. The familiars get anoying, but it was nice to have a story and random events. So I was surprised by the new GM mechanic. It does not mean we won't eventually play it, but I did immediately start shopping eBay for classic WarHammer Quest.

I pulled together a full set (minus the Barbarian) for less than $200. :) And I have a clone of your Barbarian figure, so I don't miss him at all! ;) This will scratch the WHQ itch for us for a long time to come!

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Saturday March 10th, 2018 2:38pm

Ampersand,
I enjoyed your blog entries regarding Shadows Over Hammerhal quite a bit and I'm looking forward to more. The game seems to be hitting it's RPG stride. I'm bummed about the price, but I'm even more bummed I don't have an awesome game-family like yours. . . game on!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » Saturday March 10th, 2018 3:19pm

mitchiemasha wrote:Yeah... too expensive. I prefer the HQ version anyways.

I also prefer the original Slambo.. first of all it doesn't need to be assembled. and this new one remember me a fat Goldrake. His axes seems tiny.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups: .
Champion Group Member

Postby ampersand » Wednesday April 4th, 2018 12:44pm

Daedalus wrote:Ampersand,
I enjoyed your blog entries regarding Shadows Over Hammerhal quite a bit and I'm looking forward to more. The game seems to be hitting it's RPG stride. I'm bummed about the price, but I'm even more bummed I don't have an awesome game-family like yours. . . game on!

hehe thanks. yeh the family game times are a fun time for sure. its not all fun and glory though. i have a wife that likes to cheat on the odd occasion with her reasoning being its for tactics..
a 15 year old that goes into a self imploding nightmare if she rolls a 1 on at least 2 turns on the bounce.
and a 5 year old that has to always dress up as the character she is playing and then go into a full blown explosion if she takes a wound :lol:

but i know i posted the original one here a while back..but it really is a fun game. and very very reminiscent to heroquest. i would probably go as far to say that IF the original heroquest had this rules mechanic...it would of been an even better game...i'm quite surprised everyone has knocked this game without giving it a try.

(oh and i'm not quite finished with the hammerhal jouneys just yet)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby benvoliothefirst » Friday April 6th, 2018 9:01am

I plan to bring my game group over to Silver Tower and then Hammerhal after HeroQuest. The OG WHQ was too complicated.

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous