• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Just Wanted To Introduce Myself

Inn Visitors may sign the Guest Book and Registered Guests may introduce themselves. (Visitors are able to sign the Guest Book)

Just Wanted To Introduce Myself

Postby silkcandy » Monday June 14th, 2010 12:15am

Hi,
I love playing Heroquest. My character is the Elf, I would be Zargon if my husband would stop being so selfish. He is Zargon, he always says "he will kill a hero." Then when the heroes beat the quest, it's....he was too easy on us. :lol: It is such a fun game! We really love it, and always have a blast!
silkcandy

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Just Wanted To Introduce Myself

Postby el_flesh » Monday June 14th, 2010 12:33am

How many of you play it at once, and depending on your answer, do you ever play Strip HQ?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Monday June 14th, 2010 12:59am

Hi silkcandy. Nice to have you here! How long have you guys been playing HeroQuest?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby silkcandy » Monday June 14th, 2010 1:12am

We have been the proud owners of Heroquest since it was released in the late 80's or early 90's. We have played lots before with friends, as you know....everyone loves Heroquest! The past few weeks we started fresh with The Maze, we have just completed Quest 8. Our children have just started to get to the age where they can play with us, so we have been playing Heroquest with them. We all have so much fun, and what makes it even better is we get to spend family time together. We get to play mainly on the weekends because I go to school throughout the week. Do you get to play Heroquest often?
silkcandy

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby silkcandy » Monday June 14th, 2010 1:14am

el_flesh,
Five of us play at once; four heroes and Zargon. No we never have played strip HQ.
silkcandy

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Monday June 14th, 2010 1:39am

silkcandy wrote:Do you get to play Heroquest often?

Currently, no. I've not played in a couple of months. Two years ago I was playing weekly with a group. :D Then last year schedules got cluttered and it became once a month. :) Then it was two groups once a month. :D Now everyone is too busy. :( Half of a group recently moved 1½ hours away, but once they are settled, they plan on making the trip to continue the Quests (just starting Wizards of Zargon). :)

Long-story short... I'm going through HQ withdrawal syndrome. :(

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby silkcandy » Monday June 14th, 2010 1:49am

I know what you mean. I would play daily if I could, I have to remind myself I have to do homework or study for an exam :roll: , when I would much rather be playing HQ :D Oh well such is life, it can't all be fun and games :(
silkcandy

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby el_flesh » Monday June 14th, 2010 8:34am

Unless you study Sports and Leisure AND Marketing and then open a games shop. Then it will ALL be Fun & Games.
That's a good name for your games shop:
It's All Fun & Games & Then Someone Loses an Eye

yep. A bit long, but will definitely make it world-known.

Speaking of game shops, if anyone is looking for a new group, couldn't you just post a notice in your local games shop?
Or if you're really going into junkie withdrawal, hang out with your game set on a friday night at the games tables?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Lobby