• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Building a new Quest Pack: feedback is appreciated

The secret catacombs where members gather to discuss Quests in progress and contribute to community Quest projects.

Re: Building a new Quest Pack: feedback is appreciated

Postby j_dean80 » February 25th, 2018, 1:23 am

Gold Bearer wrote:I haven't looked at the rules or quests yet but you've definitely got some really nice presentation going and a great theme for a quest pack. |_P

Thanks. I haven't even finished it yet but already getting too many ideas for a sequel.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » March 15th, 2018, 4:48 pm

j_dean80 wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:To be honest, I do not like covers without any characters or at least devices that are important to the story. That's true for every genre.
A background shot of the setting doesn't cut it for me.

The photo on the front cover is a Les Edwards. Only Jungle themed photo I've found of his.

I liked the first jungle-front cover a lot and have been waiting for it to show up on a Quest Pack. It's been a while, but I believe it is a Donald Kueker piece. Your Spell Card backs also look great.

Now for some criticisms. I think you could stand to sharpen the web on the indoor web tiles. I'd instead weaken the contrast of the leaf boarders on the Message from Mentor. They should blend more subtly into the background, in my opinion. While I like your graphic for the Shaman('s) Shop, the look of the art below feels too open with white negative space. Could you work up some kind of jungle-themed shelves or vine/leaf borders? I dunno--it's just an impression and brainstorm.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » April 25th, 2018, 4:36 pm

This looks really interesting, with some lovely cards, but what would stop me playing is that many of the quest boards are non standard. Where would I get the board you are using for those quests?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » April 25th, 2018, 6:10 pm

The Admiral wrote:This looks really interesting, with some lovely cards, but what would stop me playing is that many of the quest boards are non standard. Where would I get the board you are using for those quests?

Sjeng's "Forest Board" from here at the Inn is the only other board used.

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » April 25th, 2018, 6:19 pm

Where would I find it please?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » April 25th, 2018, 7:18 pm

The Admiral wrote:Where would I find it please?

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » April 26th, 2018, 11:34 am

Thanks!

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Adventurer's Guild