• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroscribe 'remove item' button doesn't work

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Heroscribe 'remove item' button doesn't work

Postby Captain Crooks » November 2nd, 2016, 7:19 pm

I've looked through the Heroscribe FAQs and this section of the forum but I'm running a fairly tight schedule to get some quests ready, so if anyone knows why my delete items button doesn't work I'd be super grateful! I can't keep starting maps over it's making me cry ;)

I'm running vista with the latest version of HS, if that helps!
Captain Crooks

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroscribe 'remove item' button doesn't work

Postby Thor-in » November 2nd, 2016, 7:33 pm

I use vista to make my quests and the button works fine, so I don't think that's the problem.

When you try to remove objects, do you click the Select/Remove object button (top left), select the object you want to remove, then click the remove button on the bottom left of the screen.

The only other thing I could suggest is to try to re-install the program maybe something didn't install right.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Captain Crooks » November 2nd, 2016, 8:06 pm

Thor-in wrote:
When you try to remove objects, do you click the Select/Remove object button (top left), select the object you want to remove, then click the remove button on the bottom left of the screen.

I'm going to feel like a dummy if it's something that simple as missing a button at the bottom! I'll check it out tonight, thanks! :D
Captain Crooks

Hero:

Postby whitebeard » November 3rd, 2016, 9:28 am

You should have the application working. But rather than start over, removing an item should be an easy text edit modification of the .XML file.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Captain Crooks » November 3rd, 2016, 7:44 pm

I'm embarrassed to report that i couldn't actually see the button due to all the mess in front of my monitor obscuring that part of the screen :oops:

You can point and laugh now!
Captain Crooks

Hero:

Postby Anderas » November 4th, 2016, 12:17 am

points and laughts.

looks at his own desk.
stops laughing.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » November 4th, 2016, 10:23 am

:D :lol: :shock: :? :oops: :idea: :arrow: :ugeek: |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » November 4th, 2016, 5:17 pm

Well, the monitor and keyboard are the only places on my desk not unredeemably fallen to the realm of chaos.

On topic:
<shameless_self_advertising> Have you tried my Questbook template for Word (see my signature). </shameless_self_advertising>
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby tasoe » November 5th, 2016, 7:49 pm

Captain Crooks wrote:I'm embarrassed to report that i couldn't actually see the button due to all the mess in front of my monitor obscuring that part of the screen :oops:
You can also use the right mouse button to remove an item with a single click.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Captain Crooks » November 5th, 2016, 8:48 pm

tasoe wrote:
Captain Crooks wrote:I'm embarrassed to report that i couldn't actually see the button due to all the mess in front of my monitor obscuring that part of the screen :oops:
You can also use the right mouse button to remove an item with a single click.

Ah, I can definitely say that this didnt work, but maybe it should :s anyway I've got enough functionality now to make the all the adventures I can handle :D I've got some friends in the US testing the maps next weekend and I'm commissioning a friend to do some custom artwork for the Quest Treasures so I'll put them up here when it's all ready :)
Captain Crooks

Hero:

Next

Return to Other Expansion Topics