• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Painted Miniatures

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Painted Miniatures

Postby whitebeard » April 12th, 2018, 8:47 am

Speachless.

I like my Orcs dark green, with black/brown in the recesses and shading to green. Flawless execution on your choosen color scheme. And holy crap!!! Those swords are incredible!!!

I stopped painting with metalics a little while back. I do okay. I aspire to what you have here.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Goblin-King » April 12th, 2018, 12:59 pm

So delicious! Looks good man!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » April 12th, 2018, 3:10 pm

They are absolutely stunning!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Tomkat364 » July 24th, 2018, 4:03 pm

Finally finishing up on my orcs. Here's the second-to-last set:

As always, more pictures and details at my blog: https://darthtomsgaming.wordpress.com
Here's all four together.
Let me know what you think.
Tomkat364

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » July 24th, 2018, 4:15 pm

I think.

Wow.

Jealous wow.

Love Thema.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » July 24th, 2018, 4:48 pm

Technique-wise they are great. I would have given them different coloured clothes, or at least different shades of brown. Not a fan of the turquoisey skin.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tomkat364 » July 24th, 2018, 4:58 pm

This was a comment many made about my goblins as well. It seems some people like uniformity, and some like uniqueness. In retrospect, i can certainly see the appeal of the "red sword, red cleaver, red flail, brown sword, brown cleaver, brown flail" pattern, but I backed myself into a corner and have to keep the same theme throughout.

I also didn't want all my "green skins" to have the same shade, so the goblins are more classic looking, the fimirs are more olive-y, and I went with this greyish-green for the orcs. Luckily, no other green minis in this game, so no more need for variety :)
Tomkat364

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 24th, 2018, 5:25 pm

I love the skintone, though I would have gone darker in the shadows. Then again, you know I like your style precisely because of that very special look you manage to give your figures.
And I don't know if I've given any opinion in this thread, but my opinion NOW is: with figures uniformly sculpted, you should stay uniform in painting. It's not a bad thing, mainly because uneven distribution between different color schemes would be weird within the set, as would similar color schemes between different sets of minis.

Again, a job well done. |_P
This icon has the color of your Orcs' skin, by the way...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » July 25th, 2018, 2:12 am

I think it looks fantastic, but I'm personally not one that likes to have all monsters a uniform color. I prefer seeing a diversity in skin tones like we see in real life. Your painting skills make me jealous.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Tomkat364 » October 29th, 2018, 10:48 am

Finally, the last Orcs are complete. Here are a couple pictures of the Black Captains.
More info and pictures can be found on my blog, https://darthtomsgaming.wordpress.com/

And here are all of them together:

Hopefully will have more to post soon. Stay tuned...
Tomkat364

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures