• Advertisement
HeroGM Advanced Soundboard

Dive into the dimension of dynamic sound with Hero GM!
Free version available! Save 10% on full version with offer code "yeoldeinn"

Battle Boards

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Battle Boards

Postby Helegak3 » Thursday June 2nd, 2016 10:35pm

I have made my own map for quest 1, and I was wondering if anyone else has done this. It's straight from the quest, but I printed it out with Adobe Poster Print, laminated it in two pieces, and now can play on it. Does anyone else share maps on here?
Helegak3

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Battle Boards

Postby The Admiral » Friday June 3rd, 2016 3:42am

Are you saying that you play on an enlarged map from the questbook?

Wouldn't this show the Heroes where everything is?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Helegak3 » Tuesday June 7th, 2016 2:44am

Yeah, I haven't tried it yet. On CC3+, I have it set up to hide rooms, so you could theoretically cut them out and add them one room at a time. My plan was to cover the different rooms and hallways with paper, but I don't know how well it will work in real life.
Helegak3

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Tuesday June 7th, 2016 7:20am

seems a bit of a chore to me? But if it works for you, go for it!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Helegak3 » Thursday June 9th, 2016 11:52pm

But this way, I can make all the maps look different, with lighting, decoration, floors, etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Helegak3

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » Friday June 10th, 2016 12:49pm

Pretty Sweet, actually. Kind of a mix between Heroic Maps, Inked Adventures, and a homebrew map making thing.
How does it print? Do you have a different file for it to print at a playable scale?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Helegak3 » Tuesday June 28th, 2016 3:10am

It should already be scaled to print at the right scale for Hero Quest. Just print as "acutal size" and use the print to poster feature. If you want, I can give you a PDF I made that is separate pages made to print at the right size, but it loses some lighting effects when you cut it up. After printing, I cut them up, and glue them together. Then, I cut it into two large pieces and laminated them with B4 laminating covers. It turned out pretty good.
Helegak3

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Thursday June 30th, 2016 2:13pm

Wow!, it looks fantastic. My only problem is that the Heroes would know the layout of the dungeon from the very start. This is quite a major change. If this doesn't bother people though, then they would be great to play on.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » Thursday June 30th, 2016 3:33pm

The Admiral wrote:Wow!, it looks fantastic. My only problem is that the Heroes would know the layout of the dungeon from the very start. This is quite a major change. If this doesn't bother people though, then they would be great to play on.

I have outright given players maps of dungeons (without the Game Master Key and Notes of course) and it makes little difference to the end result of the game. They have no clue where to go other than somewhere in this place is the thing, person or place they are searching for. What ever they are searching for be could be any where on the map.
One thing I have noticed when providing maps to players is they spend a lot of time trying to deduce where they should go and 'what things mean'. This gives them a chance to interact and plot with each other.

Edit to add: Partial Maps found on a dead spy will drive the players crazy.....Especially if the map ends unfinished far from the place where the dead spy was discovered.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Thursday June 30th, 2016 5:44pm

So you would fall into the "doesn't bother people" catagory.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Other Expansion Topics