• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroines Kickstarter

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Heroines Kickstarter

Postby mukami » January 26th, 2016, 6:58 pm

Found this today and thought they'd make nice female characters.

Heroines in Sensible Shoes

Side note: Where should KS threads go? (never gave it much thought, but I've seen them in 2-3 different areas).

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Killed a mighty Fimir! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mukami

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroines Kickstarter

Postby cynthialee » January 26th, 2016, 10:50 pm

We are so pledging to this one. I never get the kickstarter mini's but my birthday is coming up and I asked for these. Getting the $50.00 pledge package.
:D
Looking forward to them. But by the time they show up I will forget all about them and I'll be all YAY!!! I forgot!
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » January 26th, 2016, 11:50 pm

cynthialee, you planning on modding the bases for HQ?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby slev » January 27th, 2016, 11:27 am

Ohhhhhh. I think I'll be up for this!

I always aim for female minis that don't go into the "bikini armour", unless fully justified (my female Barbarian for example), and try and avoid the more "impractially dressed" minis. I find it creepy, and I know several of my female friends find it offputting.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby tasoe » January 27th, 2016, 11:59 am

It's hilariously funny the way they introduce their project: "Tired of female miniatures in chainmail bikinis?" Why would anyone be tired of that? It seems sarcastic.

Imagine a new ad for a healthy food: "Tired of juicy burgers with melted cheese all over them and crispy fries dipped in heavenly ketchup or something?". "Then buy this new saltless white bread, it's good for your kindeys".

Apart from the fun stuff, the miniatures look super uninteresting. Even if they were male (which they kind of are) I wouldn't want them. Too much "realism" in them, we get it, they need lanterns to see in the dungeons, and bags to carry stuff and pouches for things because they eat and rest sometimes.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » January 27th, 2016, 12:12 pm

tasoe wrote:It's hilariously funny the way they introduce their project: "Tired of female miniatures in chainmail bikinis?" Why would anyone be tired of that? It seems sarcastic.

Imagine a new ad for a healthy food: "Tired of juicy burgers with melted cheese all over them and crispy fries dipped in heavenly ketchup or something?". "Then buy this new saltless white bread, it's good for your kindeys".

Apart from the fun stuff, the miniatures look super uninteresting. Even if they were male (which they kind of are) I wouldn't want them. Too much "realism" in them, we get it, they need lanterns to see in the dungeons, and bags to carry stuff and pouches for things because they eat and rest sometimes.

My other half in these here forums speaking again. Unbelievable...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » January 27th, 2016, 12:24 pm

I like these... Mostly the rogue and fighter
I think the simplicity of the sculpts would make them blend in rather well with HQ minis

I agree with tasoe that the marketing is a little stupid though... And I'm beginning to get a little tired of bikini bashing.
Frankly I find that simple male "dungeoneers" in this style are almost equally hard to find, so while I agree very much with the looks of these miniatures, I don't fully agree with their premises.
Heck, even a old fashioned chainmail bikini babe is actually relatively hard to find if you have any kinds of demands for a quality sculpt.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » January 27th, 2016, 12:34 pm

This might be a good time for me to ask....
How does the whole kickstarter pledge thing work? In lame terms, me no brain good :zombie:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » January 27th, 2016, 12:37 pm

No intent on modding them beyond painting them. If I use them for HQ then the bases can be off. Mainly they will be for my table top RPG. All of my players are women and we don't care to have only scantily clad females or epic hero adventurers. We want real looking adventurers. Now don't get me wrong, I am rather fond of women, but there is a time and place for all things. Hot and sexy is a late at night thing for me.

Some people (guys mainly I notice) may get off on storylines where their hero is more powerful than anyone else and wins by shear power of 'I am awesome'...but that is not the story we tend to tell at my table top game. Heroes start out with just a small edge over the average Jo and become epic and awesome with time. It is by wit, guile, subterfuge and charisma the majority of the game progresses and it is a last resort to go to combat. Which is really unwise as the warrior chick has a nasty rapier she knows how to use and is daily enchanted by the wizard chick who just happens to have a powerful wand of power stashed in her overflowing backpack. Then there is the rogue...you don't want to meet our rogue in battle. It won't be a battle, more of a murder scene.

The fact they have lanterns and gear and bags is good. It might remind these fools I play with to refresh their supplies of oil. Nothing stinks like having to use detect magic on the warriors magic sword for a light spell. Can't see more than a few squares away and when you come out into proper light it is rather blinding. Or needing to leave the dungeon behind un-looted, because some fools on the other side of my GM screen neglected to think beyond the moment. Or they bring everything but gear. Lots of heals, extra weapons and armor, mass talismans but no one thinks to bring rope or a folding shovel or anything else that would help them camp or explore...

Just remember that not all players of these games are steaming piles of testosterone. (also some boys are queer, and they don't need little miss hotty pants miniature) Some of us actually want these plain Jane women.
In fact some of us (me) have been bitching about the lack of availability of miniatures like this for a long time.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cornixt » January 27th, 2016, 12:48 pm

The models are fine, but nothing special. I've already got plenty of properly dressed female miniatures, and a few of ambiguous gender, so I would only get these if I was specifically after one of a particular type - female Halflings are somewhat rarer then other races.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Ye Olde Market