• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The proof is in the Puzzle

Discuss the HeroQuest Jigsaw Puzzles.

The proof is in the Puzzle

Postby drathe » May 8th, 2010, 10:20 am

Long thought to be nothing more than myth with only a set of blurry images found on Steve Baloban's HeroQuest Website, the Ogre Horde and Design Kit puzzles finally show on eBay.

Unfortunately, the Ogre Horde puzzle was missing a single piece... but it still went for a hefty sum. Both were too rich for my blood at this point in time so I couldn't snag them. :cry: Thanks to Derfel Link for the heads up!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: The proof is in the Puzzle

Postby el_flesh » May 8th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Just out of curiosity - what is the desire to have puzzles? Is it a completion of collection desire?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » May 8th, 2010, 6:38 pm

Completion of collection exactly. I have the first two puzzles, so I would like to have the last two as well.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby el_flesh » May 9th, 2010, 1:23 am

What happens when you finally complete your collection? You get all that was ever produced and you know it???

Do you turn your attention to something else shortly after?
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » May 9th, 2010, 2:18 am

I'm not actually collecting every little thing. There are a lot of different PC games that came out. I don't care about collecting every single one. The puzzles I want to put on one of those puzzle mats that you can hang on the wall like a poster. I did have other things that I've collected throughout the years, but some things just started costing too much to be worthwhile.

I guess when I finally have all the HeroQuest items I would like to have, I'll already be into something else. I expect obtaining the last few items will take a while since I'm not willing to pay the prices many seem to pay for them. I have a limit and I stick with it. But HeroQuest is a hobby that goes beyond collecting spin-off merchandise. There's always the fun in making your own expansions.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Maalicia_Ironhoof » June 19th, 2013, 7:17 pm

Ive got Ogre horde and have had it for about 12 years, I didnt know people were looking for "proof" it existed! although like the above copy mine is missing a few pieces too :(
Bradley Boruch / Maalicia Ironhoof (Previously Cyber333)
Fixing Avalon Hill's Rules and Quest Books by Maalicia Ironhoof
Maalicia_Ironhoof

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:

Postby Maalicia_Ironhoof » June 19th, 2013, 7:19 pm

curious tho, how much did these two sell for? I've seen KK and ROTWL sell recently for as high as $60 each! I reckon I paid $10 for each of mine
Bradley Boruch / Maalicia Ironhoof (Previously Cyber333)
Fixing Avalon Hill's Rules and Quest Books by Maalicia Ironhoof
Maalicia_Ironhoof

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:

Postby drathe » June 19th, 2013, 7:23 pm

The last couple OH puzzles I saw went for $60 and $100.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to HeroQuest Jigsaw Puzzles