• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sparky's Stuff

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Sparky's Stuff

Postby Sparkymark » Sunday November 4th, 2018 9:45am

I was very aware that ‘little’ fingers were handling my hobby. I kept my eagle eyes on them at all times. I have seen on this forum the full destruction children can impose on plaster dungeons!
My youngest son has been asking me if he can be the hero with no clothes on next time! Made me chuckle.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Postby knightkrawler » Sunday November 4th, 2018 10:08am

Sparkymark wrote:I was very aware that ‘little’ fingers were handling my hobby. I kept my eagle eyes on them at all times. I have seen on this forum the full destruction children can impose on plaster dungeons!
My youngest son has been asking me if he can be the hero with no clothes on next time! Made me chuckle.

HA! Must've overheard your wife using that phrase describing you.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » Sunday November 4th, 2018 3:30pm

knightkrawler wrote:
Sparkymark wrote:I was very aware that ‘little’ fingers were handling my hobby. I kept my eagle eyes on them at all times. I have seen on this forum the full destruction children can impose on plaster dungeons!

HA! Must've overheard your wife using that phrase describing you.

:lol:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » Tuesday November 6th, 2018 6:36pm

I played with my nephew when he was about 4: he asked me to NOT put monsters in the dungeon while he was exploring, he was scared!!
Now he's 7 and both him and his little sister show lot of interest in my "laboratory room" where all my HQ stuff is secured!! When they visit me they run to that room asking me what I am doing and my nephew also asked me to teach him to paint miniatures but I answered him that I have to learn by myself first because I didn't reach a good skill on painting yet.

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » Thursday January 24th, 2019 5:11pm

Its been a while since I updated this thread. I have played a few quests from the original quest book with my kids especially over the Christmas period. I even got the wife involved playing on one quest!
I soon realised I didn’t have enough doors built and doors that fit into corners better. So i set to raiding my existing hirst art bits box to knock out some more doors. Trying to use up the pieces I already have rather than casting again, I found various arches. I had loads of 1.5 inch door arch’s so to save time i sanded these back to make 1 inch doors, again saving me loads of casting time ( i have to cast a mold 4 times to make 1 complete doorway).
I have also settled on a secret passage design. I wanted them to slot over the walls as my doorways do.
0E78FCDA-15B9-4EB2-8947-A1038DFE65AB.jpeg

7237F474-BA69-4CAA-9827-334AF91040B8.jpeg

8879BFB9-3304-43A8-B58C-C6B96304DCDE.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Showdown35 » Thursday January 24th, 2019 11:01pm

Looking great as usual, sparky! Keep going with the updates, we love seeing this stuff!!
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
Showdown35

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » Sunday January 27th, 2019 6:47am

Ok got my secret passages painted up. As they are meant to be ‘hidden’, i had a bit of a trial with a new technique using wet wipes to create a cobweb effect.
9148C843-5D6C-4C2F-8B4D-F6F85B9C734B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sparkymark » Saturday February 2nd, 2019 10:39am

Another batch of doorways finnished up today.

7919F3EB-A7F0-48FE-9588-5D8D7DF5B065.jpeg

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby KrautScientist » Saturday February 2nd, 2019 12:12pm

I've just gone through this entire thread, Sparky, and wow! That is one really impressive HeroQuest board! It's hard to pick a favourite element from your work, but that Witch Lord's lair simply has to take the cake! A brilliant reproduction of both the cardboard tile and the cover artwork! Brilliant!

Given the great look you have achieved on the rooms with coloured floor tiles, I'd say you could have done even more with that -- but that's just nitpicking, really. Fantastic work! :)
KrautScientist

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby Sparkymark » Thursday February 14th, 2019 3:47pm

Heres the next of the Special rooms i got done, The Pit of Chaos from Return of the ogre hoarde.
This only took me a few days as its so much quicker when no walls need constructing.
I cant wait to play this quest.
Anybody got any suggestions as to what you’d like me to do next?

2C6C1CD2-F74D-4FE8-94D9-F3A431E40E02.jpeg

F7E993F6-C2A0-4920-986A-FBF9DCA72B9A.jpeg

A gang of Ogre savages get in on the picture.
ABD0102C-82A2-4AF8-BFF1-C63169AF426C.jpeg

The original cardboard tile for comparison.
Last edited by Sparkymark on Thursday February 14th, 2019 5:14pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Sparkymark

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics