• Advertisement

HQ25 monster stats and abilities #3 the Minotaur

Brainstorming topics for the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Quest Pack.

The Minotaur

What stats do you want for the Minotaur?
No votes
a) Mv:6 At:5 De:5 BP:3 MP:2
5%
b) Mv:6 At:5 De:5 BP:5 MP:1
23%
c) Mv:6 At:4 De:3 BP:2 MP:3
No votes
d) Mv:7 At:4 De:4 BP:4 MP:3
No votes
e) Mv:6 At:3+2 De:3 BP:4 MP:2
No votes
f) Mv:6 At:5 De:3 BP:4 MP:2
14%
g) Mv:5 At:5 De:4 BP:4 MP:2
5%
h) Mv:6 At:5 De:4 BP:4 MP:2
No votes
i)
No votes
j)
No votes
k)
No votes
What ability do you want for the Minotaur?
No votes
A) Rage Attack: may attack after movement of up to 10 squares if the opponent is in Line of Sight at the beginning of its turn.
9%
B) Goring Charge: If it moves at least 3 squares without going over the same square twice, it attacks with 6AD.
14%
C) Charge: If a hero started the turn 3 or more spaces away from the Minotaur he gets +2 attack dice when attacking that hero.
No votes
D) Large Monster: Can attack any diagonal or adjacent square. Two attacks can be made against 1 or 2 opponents, but Hero defends once only.
5%
E) Charge: If there are no heroes within 3 squares at the beginning of the minotaur's turn he rolls 2 extra combat dice in an attack.
No votes
F) Instead of attacking normally, a Minotaur may attack two separate Heroes with three Combat Dice each.
No votes
G) double attack skulls if first move 4 or more squares
No votes
H) Large Monster: adjacent and diagonal attack
18%
I)
No votes
J)
No votes
K) No ability: It's good enough as statted.
9%

Total votes : 22

Re: HQ25 monster stats and abilities #3 the Minotaur

Postby Anderas » Sunday February 28th, 2016 10:46am

Done something on the topic today.

That's how i test them now.

ImageImage

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Postby Daedalus » Monday May 23rd, 2016 5:15pm

I like those images--they could work. Perhaps they could be tweaked with an artist's touch, but that's a wish-list thing. Here's a not-quite-so-intimidating Beastman from Battle Masters for an MB cartoonist style:

Check Anderas' play-by-post thread to see the Beastman and Minotaur posted above in action.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Sunday June 5th, 2016 4:12pm

I moved a few posts to the Re: HQ25 - Artifacts topic.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Tuesday July 12th, 2016 5:53am

I came across this Beastman by GimmeYerGold:

I don't know if it is free domain or not.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » Tuesday July 31st, 2018 3:05am

Which were the final stats decided by the forum? I was somehow still set on the 534 minotaur, but I was about to rework the card. As I already rework the card, I would also like to set the "correct" stats directly.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Wednesday August 1st, 2018 6:45pm

b) Mv:6 At:5 De:5 BP:5 MP:1 . . . 4 votes
This would be the winner at this point. I actually was hoping for more votes so the middle-powered Heroes would face a less lethal Minotaur. Here's the runner-up which also matches your preference:
f) Mv:6 At:5 De:3 BP:4 MP:2 . . . 3 votes

As they are separated by just one vote, it's possible to choose either. A strong argument for the runner-up might make the difference. However, as things currently stand I'd say go with choice b) unless you're willing to wait for a different result that may never come.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » Saturday August 11th, 2018 1:09am

My try on the Minotaur
ImageImage

The image was used with the curtesy of Craftworld Studios. It shows one of Thantos' Minotaurs, from the Kickstarter Campaign, painted.
I was heavily recoloring the picture and made it comic-style, too. The original is a real piece of art - I am less talented. Sadly on a playcard one needs clear silhouettes and few colors, so I was digitally repainting it.
I guess it would have been easier to paint a Minotaur in real life and make a photo... :D
Thanks Craftworld Studios!

If anybody wants to tinker with the card themselves, here is my complete folder for download,including the great original picture of craftworld studios.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » Saturday August 11th, 2018 10:47am

Oof! This guy looks like he'll be a real pain to fight for the Heroes.
Not that a 5/3/4 Minotaur wouldn't have, of course, but that extra level of burliness makes it that much more difficult to use Minos in HQ25 as anything other than "boss monsters".
Also, I may have to edit Q17 ("Minos Pass") slightly; probably nobody wants to fight a pair of Minotaur brothers with 7 Defense dice each!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Saturday August 11th, 2018 4:05pm

Yes I also would have preferred th 534 variant.

I am currently brooding over a quest with him as wandering monster. There isn't much else. :lol:

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Saturday August 11th, 2018 4:20pm

The Minos from thantos are very large and need those kind of stats. Perhaps different types of beastmen can fill the gaps.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Archmage
Archmage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to HQ25th Brainstorming