• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Showdown HomeBrew: Furniture

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Showdown HomeBrew: Furniture

Postby The Admiral » April 27th, 2018, 7:23 am

I love that throne. Much more comfortable for the Witch Lords bony arse!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Showdown35 » July 3rd, 2018, 2:35 am

Yet another giant update to this project! I finally finished the doors! This was the single most time-consuming and difficult aspect of this entire homebrew endeavor. I struggled with deciding on concept, materials, and structure for the doors for over a year, but finally figured out a way to make them look how I wanted, while still being sturdy enough to handle everyday use, and sit nicely on the board (over the wall edges) without taking up too much tile space. Check out my project site to see a detailed overview of how I made them.

How I made the doors:
http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest/finishing-doors.html

Image Image

I even got a head start on the Kellar's Keep special doors.

Image Image

Bonus! Here's the first of my special tiles: The Spiral Staircase! Pretty basic design, but I wanted to keep it simple to mimic the simplicity of the original tile.

Image Image

Feedback is welcome.
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » July 3rd, 2018, 6:49 am

I like how your doors slot on the wall. Is it enough to provide more stability?

I think KISS works well with the spiral stairs--good work!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Showdown35 » July 3rd, 2018, 10:57 pm

Daedalus wrote:I like how your doors slot on the wall. Is it enough to provide more stability?

It's not a tight or "snap" fit like Lego or anything, but the base is wide enough to keep them from tipping easily, and straddling the walls keeps them from sliding out of place. I'm very happy with how they function.
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Bob77 » August 18th, 2019, 5:07 pm

Wow...just wow!!!
The creativity and attention to detail (especially on the book cases) is awesome.
Bob77

Goblin
Goblin

Postby ghost01013 » February 25th, 2020, 8:49 pm

Love this! Really awesome stuff.
ghost01013

Hero:

Postby Fredostrike » February 26th, 2020, 12:01 pm

Showdown35 wrote:Yet another giant update to this project! I finally finished the doors! This was the single most time-consuming and difficult aspect of this entire homebrew endeavor. I struggled with deciding on concept, materials, and structure for the doors for over a year, but finally figured out a way to make them look how I wanted, while still being sturdy enough to handle everyday use, and sit nicely on the board (over the wall edges) without taking up too much tile space. Check out my project site to see a detailed overview of how I made them.

How I made the doors:
http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest/finishing-doors.html

Image Image

I even got a head start on the Kellar's Keep special doors.

Image Image

Bonus! Here's the first of my special tiles: The Spiral Staircase! Pretty basic design, but I wanted to keep it simple to mimic the simplicity of the original tile.

Image Image

Feedback is welcome.

What material and tools did you use to make this was this printed or handmade.

If it was printed can i ask where you got the stl from ?
Fredostrike

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Previous

Return to Miniatures