• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Lemmeron's Modular Adaptations for all Hero Quest Questbooks

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Lemmeron's Modular Adaptations for all Hero Quest Questb

Postby Oblivionlord » October 19th, 2017, 9:53 pm

Ive gotten the stuff off that site. I was hoping perhaps this project from the OP was going to be continued since he kind of gave an impression on the first page that he was going to do all those sets. Looks like he only did 2 and thats it. Bummer though since this is a really nice concept which really changes the game.
Oblivionlord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » February 13th, 2018, 3:32 am

Lemmeron still visits the Inn. Perhaps a PM sent to him can answer your questions. Your interest works in your favor.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » November 22nd, 2018, 12:40 am

I have done a fair amount more work on adapting the quest books to modular... i will work towards uploading them in holidays hopefully

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby benvoliothefirst » November 24th, 2018, 10:32 pm

Hey Lemmeron, nice to see you back! My play group is rapidly making their way through the game system quests and I think I'll use your modular books for RotWL and AtOH when we get there. One thing I really appreciated in Anderas' quest book (link in my sig below) was the "designer notes'' he plugged in to let EWPs know what he changed and why in each quest. Since I'm sure you're doing a lot of the same work as you're going through these (thank you!) I'd love to have something similar. Just a thought.
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » November 25th, 2018, 12:31 am

Hey Benvo,

I like your suggestion, but I am basically adapting the original quests to modular, eliminating any silly long corridors that serve no purpose, and then Combining the best bits of the Morcar/Zargon versions - I do favor the use of chaos spells and extra body points and traps as I found poor Morcar keeps loosing against heroes with his crappy too easy dungeons!

At this stage I am not really rebalancing anything, but combining the originals flaws and all.

Down the track I may borrow the multi difficulty stuff and recolour monsters added by Anderas and add to modular, but geeze that is a lot more work !

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby benvoliothefirst » November 26th, 2018, 5:26 pm

Thanks Lemmeron! I printed out the RotWL booklet and it appears to be missing the sheet that contains page 5/25, any chance it got missed in the upload?
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Lemmeron » December 4th, 2018, 5:57 am

can you please let me know if i just got the numbering wrong, or if there is actually a quest missing

Rewards:
Lemmeron

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Oblivionlord » January 15th, 2020, 2:19 pm

The modular version of the original quest had a few missing creatures per quest so I had to add them to match the numbers from the original. Also it appears that the original modular version is no longer offered for download.
Oblivionlord

Hero:

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs