• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My minis

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: My minis

Postby Anderas » April 30th, 2020, 1:30 pm

What's new on this Orc... it is Claymore Saga, fitting in size with the Heroquest orcs.

I tried to do true metal on the sword. It's a first try so it is not perfect. However other than on the photos, the original makes a quite shiny impression indeed, so I decided to let the rest of the Orc become Bad Moon.

What's worst, after I made the sword and the moon, I tried to make the background of the shield dark purple... and found out that the color doesn't work anymore! Aaarg, such a model and than that!

Time for a group photo of my HQ orcs.
One Archer, the Shaman, one CS Orc that one can use if the orcs have better stats than normal... I am quite happy with this collection.
Except I know exactly I have more than one archer, where's the rest dammit? *search for the cartons*

Last edited by Anderas on April 30th, 2020, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Weltenlaeufer » April 30th, 2020, 1:50 pm

Wow thanks Anderas for this detailed explanation. It sounds like quite the challenge. :D I gonna bookmark this and try to follow along when I get a model for this. Already bookmarked your sandstone doors tutorial. And thanks Stigs for that drybrush description!

The orc looks epic. He fits perfectly into the HeroQueststyle!!

I get so inspired when I see things like this! :D :D

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 1st, 2020, 11:15 am

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 19th, 2020, 3:13 pm

Well there's a troll.
He wears a giant ruby.
it's to big to take it away.

That must be frustrating for Heroes! :-)

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » May 20th, 2020, 7:28 pm

Love the troll!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 21st, 2020, 12:26 am

Really nice Troll and incredible paintjob! I love the ruby effect. How big is he?

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 21st, 2020, 1:19 am

Quite fitting for a Troll. Very little bigger than an Ogre.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Stig » May 21st, 2020, 2:34 am

Ahaha that's such a great idea and could even be a quest! Super painting too! Absolutely love the bases - how do you do that? Is it: base; wash; lines; decide where the light is coming from and highlight two appropriate edges?

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » May 21st, 2020, 3:40 am

Three colors. A light grey base paint. I added a drop of mahagony into it to make the color a bit warmer.
GW Agrax.
Black.

Light Grey Base

shitty lines

Agrax

Light Grey for correcting the shitty lines

Black again to correct the light grey

Agrax again but only in some corners of the tiles

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Stig » May 21st, 2020, 3:41 am

Awesome - thanks!

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures