• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dark Castle Tileset by AdventureCraft

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Dark Castle Tileset by AdventureCraft

Postby GlennM » October 7th, 2014, 11:37 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/77 ... miniatures

Hey Guys, just wanted to share this. I started designing some tiles for personal use, had some requests to sell them, so launched a kickstarter to get everything covered. Here is a look at what I whipped up, if you think they'd be helpful to you, I tried to keep the price point low. Anyways, have an awesome time questing guys!

Later,
Glenn

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
GlennM

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Dark Castle Tileset by AdventureCraft

Postby chaoticprime » October 7th, 2014, 11:41 pm

These cater to my sensibilities. I have made a lot of the same, and I can see that you came to many of the same design conclusions that I did. Low walls are just the right way to do it.

These are hand-painted (digitally), not rendered like the *lemony goodness* I do.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby GlennM » October 8th, 2014, 12:17 am

Honestly, I licensed the graphics (And yes they are licensed for resale, I checked), I just modified them and built the tiles with them. But I specifically looked for hand painted graphics as they hit my fancy.

But I love the low walls, they are so easy to use and look really nice. When I made my initial prototype I knew they'd be perfect for my purposes. So I shared it all on facebook and got a ton of awesome feedback and decided to sell them. I have a lot more stuff in mind, I already unlocked two new dungeons as stretch goals, one is a cavern set with a serpent theme, the other is a overgrown forest temple.

Rewards:
GlennM

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby GlennM » October 9th, 2014, 12:12 am

Been kicking down stretch goals like mad. So we unlocked two completely new tile sets. The first additional tile set is the Serpents Caverns. For an additional $6 USD you'll get an entirely new tile set and we already unlocked a couple stretch goals to add to this tile set. It'll be a big one and I'm having a good time working on it.

Rewards:
GlennM

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby crom_atlantian » October 9th, 2014, 8:01 pm

can I just ask, is your example above printed out on card and then stuck to foamcore or similar?
crom_atlantian

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: British English

Postby GlennM » October 9th, 2014, 10:40 pm

That is printed at Standard Quality on 110lb cardstock. I used dual layers of foamcore though, I cut the walls off and glued them to a layer, then attached the thick walls onto the base layer with the floors. So it has a slightly raised wall effect.

Rewards:
GlennM

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » October 9th, 2014, 11:01 pm

That's a clever way of doing it. Those would store easy.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » October 9th, 2014, 11:34 pm

Are you planning a transition piece between the castle and cavern tiles?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » October 9th, 2014, 11:40 pm

Wouldn't that mean you had a lot of wastage of ink and paper? The middle section of 1 layer is thrown out and the edge section of the other layer is covered over. Perhaps a design that had a bit of bleed for the bottom layer and then a separate wall sheet to print and stick over the bleed. This would make the most use of the paper and not waste ink. It would be so easy to implement in photoshop and could be include in the pdf. The normal full room with walls would be good for those who just want to print and stick to 1 flat tile, not have raised walls... Ideally those who want slightly higher walls can just stack up the layers of foam board.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » October 9th, 2014, 11:57 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:Wouldn't that mean you had a lot of wastage of ink and paper? The middle section of 1 layer is thrown out and the edge section of the other layer is covered over. Perhaps a design that had a bit of bleed for the bottom layer and then a separate wall sheet to print and stick over the bleed. This would make the most use of the paper and not waste ink. It would be so easy to implement in photoshop and could be include in the pdf. The normal full room with walls would be good for those who just want to print and stick to 1 flat tile, not have raised walls... Ideally those who want slightly higher walls can just stack up the layers of foam board.

Only one copy printed. He cut the walls out and pasted them on their own card, then pasted that onto the card with the flooring.
GlennM wrote:I cut the walls off and glued them to a layer, then attached the thick walls onto the base layer with the floors.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Next

Return to Tiles