• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Revised Edition

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby slev » July 13th, 2018, 5:26 pm

Thx Maurice!
Class stuff!

I'm going to get the cards updated next, as taht's easier for me than teh maps (which are a pain).

I can then get the single map each for teh core rules and QB1 done. Then the big update of all teh other erroneous maps!

Hopefully in a month or two, you'll be ready to dive into a "finished" version of this stuff.

Of course, if you want to take a look at the other stuff asd i release it, I'd be greatful ;)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Maurice76 » July 14th, 2018, 6:46 am

slev wrote:Of course, if you want to take a look at the other stuff asd i release it, I'd be greatful ;)

No problem ;). I'll be keeping an eye on your website anyway :P. I was wondering, how do you create your maps? Do you use HeroScribe, or another tool?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » July 14th, 2018, 6:20 pm

Photoshop. Takes Aaaaaaaages!

Edit: files here if you want a go:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j871fb0iogy7 ... OHbka?dl=0

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » July 15th, 2018, 4:58 am

slev wrote:Photoshop. Takes Aaaaaaaages!

Ouch. You never considered importing the graphics you have for something like HeroScribe? Or to otherwise automate the process? I hope you at least have the originals with all the layers still available :P.

I'll see if I can take a look. I have a guest over this week, though, and she's not really into HQ - nor do I think she'd appreciate it if I spend much time on HQ instead of on her :P.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » July 15th, 2018, 6:26 am

Maurice76 wrote:I'll see if I can take a look. I have a guest over this week, though, and she's not really into HQ - nor do I think she'd appreciate it if I spend much time on HQ instead of on her :P.

You don't need to talk about your mom and try to make it sound like someone else.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby slev » July 15th, 2018, 6:34 am

Maurice76 wrote:

Ouch. You never considered importing the graphics you have for something like HeroScribe? Or to otherwise automate the process? I hope you at least have the originals with all the layers still available :P.

I do have the layered versions.

I'd love to automate, but no good at coding (or rather, I can code very well, but I'm horribly dyslexic, so it's all immaculate and miss-typed :P)

Rewards:
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 15th, 2018, 8:56 am

slev wrote:
Maurice76 wrote:

I do have the layered versions.

I'd love to automate, but no good at coding (or rather, I can code very well, but I'm horribly dyslexic, so it's all immaculate and miss-typed :P)

I make the maps in HeroScriibe, then the parchment introduction in Photoshop, put both graphics in OpenOffice Writer, add the Notes et voilà. Making the maps in Photoshop seems highly complicated/impractical IF you don't have a lot of specific graphics that are not yet in HeroScribe. IF that's the case, ask StratosVX if he has the time and inclination (he's been studying a lot over the last few months, I think) to import them into HeroScribe. We have experts for everything around the inn.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » July 15th, 2018, 9:10 am

j_dean80 wrote:You don't need to talk about your mom and try to make it sound like someone else.

:lol:

Rewards:
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Stoner81 » July 26th, 2018, 6:22 pm

slev wrote:One of my players took a picture on the weekend, early in the game.
I'm at the back in my Mist t-shirt!

Hey man that board is printed on vinyl I think? Did you have it re-sized so that the squares were 30mm each?

|_P |_P |_P |_P

Stoner81.
Stoner81

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Maurice76 » August 6th, 2018, 12:33 pm

Took me a few weeks, been busy with other stuff, but today I managed to squeeze in some time to start reviewing the remaining stuff: the AHQ material ;). So far I've been up to and through the Advanced Hero Spells. Will post my notes when I am through all of it. Might be tomorrow, but no promises ;).

Update: here it is! Hopefully this should cover most of the remaining typo's and spelling errors ;).

Some of the errata entries below are empty, save for the word "None!", but this is just to indicate that I have reviewed the material in that section and found no flaws in its texts.

=============================================================
Errata - Apprentice Spell Deck

None! (Folder is empty ;))

Errata - Conjurer's Bazaar Market Board

Errata - Conjurer's Bazaar Cards

Errata - Advanced Armoury Cards

Gambeson: the flavour text mentions "subtle leather", but shouldn't this be "supple leather", given the context of the item?

Knight's Plate: likewise here, should the word "subtle" instead be "supple"?

Northern Greatcloak: the flavour text says it can be layered onto armour, but the icon in the bottom left is that of chest armour. Hence, by the rules, it cannot be worn in addition to other chest armour. Is the flavour text incorrect in this aspect, or is the icon unintended?

Pistol: The flavour text mentions "Dwarfs", which although grammatically correct, would read better as "Dwarves".
Detailed explanation: Tolkien made a spelling error when writing The Lord of The Rings and mentioned the race as "Dwarves". That has since started a life of its own and many fantasy settings currently refer to the race as "Dwarves" instead of "Dwarfs". HeroQuest is no exception, if you check the first expansion, "Kellar's Keep".

Errata - Enchanter's Emporium

Note: the effect text of the Grimoires appears to be copied over among each of them and as such, a typo appears in all of them. For completeness sake, they're all listed below, so it's easier to keep track of which ones have been corrected already. The repetition below is not in the slightest way intended as nagging or nit-picking.

Aegiomancer's Grimoire: both the flavour text and the effect text both contain the contraction "it's", where both of those should read "its". The flavour text might also read better if "... its binding not want ..." would read "... its binding is not want ...".

Aeromancer's Grimoire: the effect text contains a contraction "it's", which should read as "its".

Clan Totem: the flavor text mentions "Shamen", which is the incorrect plural form of Shaman. The correct plural form is "Shamans".

Geomancer's Grimoire: the effect text contains a contraction "it's", which should read as "its".

Hermetic Gem: the word "energies" appears twice in succession in the flavour text, where the second one is redundant.

Hydromancer's Grimoire: the effect text contains a contraction "it's", which should read as "its".

Kefalomancer's Grimoire: the effect text contains a contraction "it's", which should read as "its".

Pyromancer's Grimoire: the effect text contains a contraction "it's", which should read as "its".

Sciomancer's Grimoire: the effect text contains a contraction "it's", which should read as "its".

Thelomancer's Grimoire: the effect text contains a contraction "it's", which should read as "its".

Tome of Focus: the effect text contains a contraction "it's" at the end, which should read as "its".

Whispering Grimoire: the effect text contains a contraction "it's" at the end, which should read as "its".

Wizard's Grimoire: given that this item concerns the Wizardry Spell Group, shouldn't this item be Wizard Only? Furthermore, this Artefact works identical to the Wizard Lore Skill. What happens when a Wizard uses both this Artefact and the Skill? Does he get to keep 4 extra spells when selecting the Wizardry Spell Group or 2 extra when he doesn't select it?

Errata - Advanced Chaos Spell Cards

Chaos Shield: interesting card, but option 2 (gain +2 health) is ambiguous for when the Spell ends (when the caster no longer has enemies in Line of Sight). What happens if the caster has 2 or fewer hitpoints left at that moment?

Errata - Advanced Hero Spell Cards

Air - Swift Wind: the flavour text mentions it lends vigour to the limbs. The idea of the spell, however, seems to be favourable wind, pushing the character further along than otherwise possible. Wouldn't a flavour text like "This cantrip grants favourable wind, speeding up movement." be better?

Cantrips - Essence of Life: the final sentence reads "... to your hand lose half as many ...", which would read better when written as "... to your hand to lose half as many ...".

Darkness - Arrows of the Night: the flavour text has a dot after the word "foe", which shouldn't be there as the sentence continues after it.

Detection - Clairvoyance: the effect says that "... may act unto the room ...", shouldn't "unto" be "until" here? "Entered" is also somewhat ambiguous; perhaps it is better to say "Opened" instead. Also, can the player keep choosing rooms until a used room has been found, or up to two rooms only, regardless of whether both rooms are unused?

Entropy - Silence: what is the range of this spell? The entire game board?

Ice - Blizzard: the effect text is slightly different from the spell scroll with the same name. This spell explicitly says "... who's edge is within Line of Sight", whereas the spell scroll just says "... within Line of Sight.". For consistency, either of these two needs to be synchronised with the other. If this Spell is maintained as is, the contraction "who's" should actually be "whose".

Metal - Slag: the first effect has the contraction "it's" on the second line, which should instead read as "its". Also, it might require an additional line of text on the card, but I would suggest to write "LoS" in full as "Line of Sight".

Protection - Invisibility: would this allow the Caster to perform Search actions in Rooms or Corridors which also has monsters in Line of Sight?

Reason - Mystic Recovery: the flavour text says "This incantation cams and ...", where "cams" should actually be "calms".

Time - Phase Out: the effect text says "... in Line of Sight mist miss their ...", where "mist" should actually read "must".

Errata - Advanced Potion Cards

None!

Errata - Skill Cards

Counter: the Skill says that it works against any attack, which seems to imply Ranged attacks as well. However, the ability seems to indicate it should be against Melee attacks only.

Gunner & Marksman: both skills do the same, but their method of acquisition is different. One is bought and Dwarf only, the other is inherent to becoming Dwarf Champion. Is it intended that the Dwarf can therefore get both of these together?

Preparation: the effect text is worded a bit strange. It would be better to change "... Keyword to ignore ..." to "... Keyword, you may ignore ...".

Dagger Fighting & Rain of Blades: these skills have the same effect, which doesn't stack. However, Dagger Fighting costs 5 points, while Rain of Blades costs 8. Besides Dungeon Points, there is no other difference between them. Either Rain of Blades was not intended to grant it with Daggers, or this Skill duplicity is an oversight.

Grab & Swift Recovery: these skills have the same effect, which doesn't stack. However, Grab costs 3 points, while Swift Recovery costs 7. Besides Dungeon Points, there is no other difference between them. Either one of these skills was intended to be used for another weapon, or this Skill duplicity is an oversight.

Master Archer & Swift Shot: these skills have the same effect, which doesn't stack. Master Archer costs 5 points, while Swift Shot costs 9. There seems to be no other distinction between them; I can't think of another weapon class that it could apply to, however, so I assume this is a duplication oversight.

Wizard Lore: this Skill works identical to the Wizard's Grimoire Artefact. What happens when a Wizard uses both this Skill and the Artefact? Does he get to keep 4 extra spells when selecting the Wizardry Spell Group or 2 extra when he doesn't select it?

Errata - Dungeon Cards

None, but there is something to remark about this set of cards. As detailed in the Rulebook (Dungeon Cards, towards the end), it doesn't mention the Keywords at the bottom of those Dungeon Cards. While it is logical that they only apply to whatever the Keyword refers to (i.e. Armour, Weapons, Ability), it would be good to make explicit mention of this in the Rulebook.

Errata - Event Cards

Ambush: the text refers to monsters listed in the Quest Notes. What is missing here is that it concerns the Wandering Monsters. The text should be modified slightly to clarify this: "... listed in the Quest Notes as Wandering Monster, on the game board ...".

Fiendish Mechanism: the text ends with "... will need to be attempt in order to ...", which should read "... will need to be attempted in order to ...".

Insidious Discord: the text begins with "Chose", which should be "Choose" instead.

Shatter: this Event card is present twice, but the wording differs between these two instances very slightly (one space that is missing in front of the first "from", which is present in the other). I suspect the one with "copy" in its file name is the actual version that should be in the deck, while the other should be left out.

Strike Back: this Event card is present twice, but the wording differs between these two instances. I suspect the one with "copy" in its file name is the actual version that should be in the deck, while the other should be left out.

Underworld Spores: this Event card is present twice, but the wording differs between these two instances (the second effect misses the word "Hero" in one card, which is present in the other). I suspect the one with "copy" in its file name is the actual version that should be in the deck, while the other should be left out.

Errata - Hero Cards

None! However, for the non-Champion cards, it might be a good idea to align the listed Skills on the upper of the two lines, instead of the lower one.

Errata - Dark Relic Cards

Dark Thirst: the flavour text has the contraction "it's" towards the end, which should be "its" instead.

Pain's Chosen: the final sentence of the flavour text has the contraction "who's" in it, which should be "whose" instead.

Prideful Defiance: the effect text has the portion "... to the damaged being defended ...", which should be "... to the damage being defended ..." instead.

Sorrow's Hert: the title of the card has a typo: "Hert" should be "Heart" instead.

Rewards:
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Rules