• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

HeroQuest Revised Edition

Discuss new Rules for HeroQuest.

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby slev » Friday July 13th, 2018 5:26pm

Thx Maurice!
Class stuff!

I'm going to get the cards updated next, as taht's easier for me than teh maps (which are a pain).

I can then get the single map each for teh core rules and QB1 done. Then the big update of all teh other erroneous maps!

Hopefully in a month or two, you'll be ready to dive into a "finished" version of this stuff.

Of course, if you want to take a look at the other stuff asd i release it, I'd be greatful ;)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 979
Images: 5
Joined: Tuesday August 26th, 2014 7:55am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby Maurice76 » Saturday July 14th, 2018 6:46am

slev wrote:Of course, if you want to take a look at the other stuff asd i release it, I'd be greatful ;)


No problem ;). I'll be keeping an eye on your website anyway :P. I was wondering, how do you create your maps? Do you use HeroScribe, or another tool?
Maurice76

Orc
Orc
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Friday March 9th, 2018 1:19pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups: .
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby slev » Saturday July 14th, 2018 6:20pm

Photoshop. Takes Aaaaaaaages!

Edit: files here if you want a go:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j871fb0iogy7 ... OHbka?dl=0


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 979
Images: 5
Joined: Tuesday August 26th, 2014 7:55am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby Maurice76 » Sunday July 15th, 2018 4:58am

slev wrote:Photoshop. Takes Aaaaaaaages!

Edit: files here if you want a go:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j871fb0iogy7 ... OHbka?dl=0


Ouch. You never considered importing the graphics you have for something like HeroScribe? Or to otherwise automate the process? I hope you at least have the originals with all the layers still available :P.

I'll see if I can take a look. I have a guest over this week, though, and she's not really into HQ - nor do I think she'd appreciate it if I spend much time on HQ instead of on her :P.
Maurice76

Orc
Orc
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Friday March 9th, 2018 1:19pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups: .
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby j_dean80 » Sunday July 15th, 2018 6:26am

Maurice76 wrote:I'll see if I can take a look. I have a guest over this week, though, and she's not really into HQ - nor do I think she'd appreciate it if I spend much time on HQ instead of on her :P.


You don't need to talk about your mom and try to make it sound like someone else.
Blood - Good to the last drop


Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
j_dean80

Ogre
Ogre
 
Posts: 870
Images: 29
Joined: Tuesday December 6th, 2016 2:48pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby slev » Sunday July 15th, 2018 6:34am

Maurice76 wrote:
slev wrote:Photoshop. Takes Aaaaaaaages!

Edit: files here if you want a go:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j871fb0iogy7 ... OHbka?dl=0


Ouch. You never considered importing the graphics you have for something like HeroScribe? Or to otherwise automate the process? I hope you at least have the originals with all the layers still available :P.


I do have the layered versions.

I'd love to automate, but no good at coding (or rather, I can code very well, but I'm horribly dyslexic, so it's all immaculate and miss-typed :P)


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 979
Images: 5
Joined: Tuesday August 26th, 2014 7:55am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby knightkrawler » Sunday July 15th, 2018 8:56am

slev wrote:
Maurice76 wrote:
slev wrote:Photoshop. Takes Aaaaaaaages!

Edit: files here if you want a go:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j871fb0iogy7 ... OHbka?dl=0


Ouch. You never considered importing the graphics you have for something like HeroScribe? Or to otherwise automate the process? I hope you at least have the originals with all the layers still available :P.


I do have the layered versions.

I'd love to automate, but no good at coding (or rather, I can code very well, but I'm horribly dyslexic, so it's all immaculate and miss-typed :P)


I make the maps in HeroScriibe, then the parchment introduction in Photoshop, put both graphics in OpenOffice Writer, add the Notes et voilà. Making the maps in Photoshop seems highly complicated/impractical IF you don't have a lot of specific graphics that are not yet in HeroScribe. IF that's the case, ask StratosVX if he has the time and inclination (he's been studying a lot over the last few months, I think) to import them into HeroScribe. We have experts for everything around the inn.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord
 
Posts: 5525
Images: 27
Joined: Friday May 25th, 2012 2:26pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: HeroQuest Revised Edition

Postby Maurice76 » Sunday July 15th, 2018 9:10am

j_dean80 wrote:You don't need to talk about your mom and try to make it sound like someone else.


:lol:
Maurice76

Orc
Orc
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Friday March 9th, 2018 1:19pm
Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups: .
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Rules

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests