• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

3x3 board question

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

3x3 board question

Postby Necronos » August 14th, 2014, 12:22 am

I've printed off the 3x3 board to use but I'm concerned if the 2 square wide perimeter corridor will cause problems for my future games. I've not played much and I haven't read through all the quest books (I want to be as fresh to them as my players will be).

Should I just leave it and not worry about it, or should I cut the extra square out?
Necronos

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: 3x3 board question

Postby mako-heart » August 14th, 2014, 1:28 am

Stick with the stock board your quest notes / maps will not work with a custom board unless you re-write all of the maps in the quest book. LOTS of problems adding a extra tile with exsisting maps, In my opinion I would just start with the basics necronos untill you get a few quests under your belt.
ALL YOUR WALL SPELL BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mako-heart

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby sajungzak » August 14th, 2014, 2:06 am

mako-heart wrote:Stick with the stock board your quest notes / maps will not work with a custom board unless you re-write all of the maps in the quest book. LOTS of problems adding a extra tile with exsisting maps, In my opinion I would just start with the basics necronos untill you get a few quests under your belt.

QFT You can use boards with bigger squares, no problem, but once you add squares to the board it starts to mess with the mechanics of pre written quests. Corridor traps for example.
this is where I've been posting my painting progress so far:
http://www.facebook.com/zachary.lewis.96

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Necronos » August 14th, 2014, 2:28 am

Thanks for the answers guys!

I'll cut the board down while it's not glued to a backing board
Necronos

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby sajungzak » August 14th, 2014, 3:02 am

Since your already cutting, have you considered a modular board? I think it is even more fun. I have a picture of mine here viewtopic.php?f=161&t=2486#p42001

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie!
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Necronos » August 14th, 2014, 3:21 am

That's a pretty amazing board sajungzak!

I'm sure I'll be tackling a modular board before too long but right now my time is being consumed with cutting, gluing, and laminating game cards. I was politely informed that the family expects to play the game after dinner on Thursday which means that I have quite a few hours of papercraft ahead before I'm ready.

Do you adapt regular quests for your modular board or are they all original quests?
Necronos

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby sajungzak » August 14th, 2014, 3:29 am

We're playing through the first quest pack as written. No changes necessary. Might get a game together tomorrow, er later today I mean. Shoot, I gotta cut out some more cards! (printed on cardstock, single sheet double sided, and I'm using mayday games 59mm x 92mm 125% thicker premium card sleeves) Paper cutter boards are helpful time sabers.

Rewards:
sajungzak

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » August 14th, 2014, 8:51 am

I actually wouldn't cut the extra tiles off, but cover them for the basic quests.
You can always use them later. Or simply improvise. And with traps: just place 2 of them next to each other ;)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion