• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Help on Advanced Heroquest Paint Set -Rare Information Sheet

Topics related to Games Workshops Advanced HeroQuest.

Help on Advanced Heroquest Paint Set -Rare Information Sheet

Postby tlogdude » February 18th, 2014, 8:47 pm

Hi, everyone,

Recently I came across some news that the Advanced Heroquest Paint Set actually also came with an information sheet on using the added characters for Advanced Heroquest. This wasn't listed as one of the components on the back of the box; but it was mentioned on several product descriptions.

Is this true? If so, was it a double sided page of rules and sample statistics for the new characters (such as the wood elf, dark elf, dwarf warrior, etc) or only sample game statistics? Also, is there a pdf or pic of this?

Thanks
tlogdude

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Help on Advanced Heroquest Paint Set -Rare Information S

Postby Daedalus » February 27th, 2014, 3:45 pm

I'd like to get my hands on that file--first I've heard of it. Good hunting.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Elf Blade » April 1st, 2014, 2:02 am

I am almost 100% sure that this sheet does not exist. I have seen two different mint sets before and none have contained a sheet like that. The only paper material they contained were a Citadel Miniatures Painting Guide booklet and an advertising pamphlet. I'm pretty sure that the rumours about the sheet come from one source and it has spread from there. I'm also pretty sure that this source is boardgamegeek.com. There is also no reason to have a sheet. The dwarf elf etc on the sprue already have rules in the main rulebook, and I doubt they would create rules for including the monsters that came on the sprue in the adventuring party. So I think you can rest easy knowing that your set is complete.
Elf Blade

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby tlogdude » February 19th, 2019, 1:11 am

Thanks for the reply. The reason I mentioned it was because I remembered that Stephen Baloban's Advanced Heroquest Misc Cd had the paint set box, miniature, and stat sheet pic scan which had the dark elf with crossbow pic and stats (unless the sheet was custom made)
tlogdude

Hero:

Postby knightkrawler » February 19th, 2019, 1:02 pm

Happy fifth anniversary!
What a way to celebrate your own, by replying to your own thread after five years to the day... |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » February 19th, 2019, 1:05 pm

There is an additional character sheet in the Adventure Design Kit (HeroQuest, not Advanced, maybe there is some confusion) and also in one of the Dave Morris book "The Screaming Spectre": viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4056

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby tlogdude » February 21st, 2019, 12:42 am

Thanks, everyone. If anyone still has a working copy of the "Advanced Heroquest" cd or dvd from Stephen Baloban (mine no longer work), there may be a stats sheet for the characters (Wood Elf, Dark Elf, Orc, Goblin, Skaven, Dwarf Warrior, Warrior, Wizard, Elf, Dwarf, Skeletons) in the Paint Set folder - I remember a stats block with the dark elf using a crossbow.
tlogdude

Hero:

Postby Cael Darkhollow » October 5th, 2020, 4:09 am

I have my original complete Adv. HQ paint set. No such flier exists to my knowledge.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave? WIZARD Eldritch Heironymous KigamMagister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Advanced HeroQuest Room