• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Zargons turn pass

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Zargons turn pass

Postby Soundheart » January 12th, 2014, 9:04 pm

Hi! After the last game, I thought...Why I pass the turn,when I play as Zargon?

There was no monsters on the board, all doors was closed, heroes walked through the corridors and they every time rolled dice! But, in fine, I told them: "Ok, heroes, you can not roll dice, just align near the door as you wish open and tell me who open the door". :shock: :dwarf: :elf: :wizard: :barbarian: :shock: Because why they must roll dice if they whatever wil come to the door, align near it and open it.

Can Heroes pass turn when there is no monsters on the board for good align near the door and then open it? And what mast to do Zargon in this time?

P.S. Sorry for my English
Soundheart

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Zargons turn pass

Postby chaoticprime » January 12th, 2014, 10:08 pm

I will let Heroes move back to the stairs automatically on certain Quests, under those conditions.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 13th, 2014, 1:54 am

We're creating an "event deck" even now, with cards that trigger certain events, such as a wandering monster, a trap, an alarm, a door opening or closing, etc. All sorts of strange effects.
The Evil Wizard player may draw a card from this deck whenever he has a turn with nothing to do, and may play that card when fitting. :)
It keeps the game going and more challenging.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby IvenBach » January 13th, 2014, 3:51 am

I am wholeheartedly on board with cards like that. To me it takes any danger out of HQ when heroes clear a room and then Rank&File it to the next door every time. Makes the game very uneventful and quite boring.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Tott » January 13th, 2014, 5:01 am

i think its a good idea in theory, but the execution has to be handled correctly, the cards have to have a proper balance. if event cards turn a half hour quest into two hours of endless monsters it could wind up being more boring than doing nothing.
also, some quests are designed for a certain flow and layout. ive made a few where ive been very particular about what appears and where. adding random extra encounters would probably detract from the story so i think an encounter deck should only be used with quests that have been constructed with it in mind. also, once everything is done and dusted, you've killed the boss, got the treasure you just need to reach the square tile, there's no point in it. let a quest have a specific final scene (personally, i like to have a magical door to mentors lair appear and whisk hero's away once they're done)
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Soundheart » January 13th, 2014, 5:10 am

We're creating an "event deck" even now, with cards that trigger certain events, such as a wandering monster, a trap, an alarm, a door opening or closing, etc. All sorts of strange effects.
The Evil Wizard player may draw a card from this deck whenever he has a turn with nothing to do, and may play that card when fitting.
It keeps the game going and more challenging.

Thanks! Its a good idea! Random event! I will make something like this.

But I dont understand what it means:

> The Evil Wizard may play as many cards on his, or the Heroes', turn if the requirements listed on the card are being met.
> At the start of his turn, the Evil Wizard player may draw one Evil Wizard card only if there are no revealed monsters on the board.

As many or one?
Soundheart

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » January 13th, 2014, 6:15 am

Each card has a requirement described on it for when it can be played.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Soundheart » January 13th, 2014, 7:31 am

Ok. I think as follows:

1. If the card playing when any monster on board - You can play as many cards on your, or the Heroes', turn if the requirements listed on the card are being met.

2. If the card playing when no more monsters on board - You can play one card.

Is this right?
Soundheart

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 13th, 2014, 8:02 am

No, not exactly.

1. You DRAW 1 card when there are no monsters (= you have nothing to do). Zargon keeps them behind the screen ;)

2. You may PLAY ANY of those cards during your own turn or the hero's turns IF you CAN play them. Each card has specific requirements for when you can/may play them written on it. Some cards may be played anytime, some must be played right after you draw them, some may only be played during combat etc.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Soundheart » January 13th, 2014, 8:14 am

DRAW. Ok! DRAW! Im understand!

And in this way Zargon (if he have "good" event cards) can play 1,2,3 or more cards on each heroes turns and than on his turns. Its Sparta!!!!!! :shock:

Very very very good idea! You're a genius :D

Also possible to make events which Zargon can doing if no more monsters on board.
Last edited by Soundheart on January 13th, 2014, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soundheart

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Official Rules