• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Greenstuff Beginnings

Tips and tricks about sculpting.

Re: Greenstuff Beginnings

Postby cynthialee » March 23rd, 2015, 12:59 pm

Pitbullsandaks wrote:One quick question before I break out the green stuff if anyone is online.....if I F this up how hard is I going to be to remove the green stuff?

not too difficult, the PITA is digging out the stuff in the creases with a needle
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Pitbullsandaks » March 23rd, 2015, 1:16 pm

Ok it's getting pretty difficult to work with so here's what I ended up with....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Pitbullsandaks

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pitbullsandaks » March 23rd, 2015, 1:22 pm

I probably look better at one point but things were getting worse. It did not like to stick to the plastic. I did enjoy working with it more than polymers though. I was going to free hand a single drum but I thought I would like the looks of this better and would be a little easier.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Pitbullsandaks

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pitbullsandaks » March 23rd, 2015, 1:25 pm

Little fun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Pitbullsandaks

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ampersand » March 23rd, 2015, 2:05 pm

Thantos wrote:Anyone tried BeeSPutty? (Ampersand? Looking at you? ;) )I was thinking to having a go with it since it looks quite fine and the oven baking part like Fimo so you dont have to rush against the cure time, sounds good too.

yup i have. however its one of those bake-able ones...that stuff dont work well for me. i prefer to work in stages. and allow curing.
i tried the bake-able approach but just kept smudging my work until it ended up mushed into a ball and thrown in the bin in a rage! haha
i prefer the patient approach in baby steps..its not as if im a master sculptor or anything.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » August 5th, 2015, 3:14 pm

Sjeng wrote:you can keep it in the freezer for a long long time ;)

I've been doing just that, in a sealable food container. My friend who finished with an associate's degree in chemistry didn't think it was a good idea. Has anyone heard about any possible dangers of greenstuff/milliput before?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby cornixt » August 5th, 2015, 4:53 pm

ampersand wrote:
Thantos wrote:Anyone tried BeeSPutty? (Ampersand? Looking at you? ;) )I was thinking to having a go with it since it looks quite fine and the oven baking part like Fimo so you dont have to rush against the cure time, sounds good too.

yup i have. however its one of those bake-able ones...that stuff dont work well for me. i prefer to work in stages. and allow curing.
i tried the bake-able approach but just kept smudging my work until it ended up mushed into a ball and thrown in the bin in a rage! haha
i prefer the patient approach in baby steps..its not as if im a master sculptor or anything.

You can bake it in stages too. Nothing bad happens if you rebake the clay over and over.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » August 6th, 2015, 9:58 pm

Daedalus wrote:
Sjeng wrote:you can keep it in the freezer for a long long time ;)

I've been doing just that, in a sealable food container. My friend who finished with an associate's degree in chemistry didn't think it was a good idea. Has anyone heard about any possible dangers of greenstuff/milliput before?

If you read the label there's a warning on it. I don't have any I can read but when the two are mixed a reaction takes place. It's likely that a release of vapor or off-gasing contains stuff that isn't too good for you. If you put it in a sealed airtight container there's no problem for the other food in the freezer. I would use a dedicated container for it though. IE Don't use that container to eat out of after it's had the greenstuff in it unless you wash it out very thoroughly. Think pasta sauce staining plastic, the stain never truly comes out. If you want specifics carefully read all warning labels before using it, ask questions about anything on the label. Don't assume 'I know what that means'. If in doubt ask the question (maybe look silly for doing so) and get the answer. I'm a Chemical Engineer, graduated last semester *cheer*.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Previous

Return to Sculpting