• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Final boss question

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Elf Quest Pack: The Mage of the Mirror.

Re: Final boss question

Postby The Admiral » November 9th, 2018, 8:26 am

wallydubbs wrote:I've done away with the Elven Chainmail as there is no artifact card for it. But I suppose one could just use Borin's Armor for reference.

Ouch! You just made a really tough quest harder.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby wallydubbs » November 12th, 2018, 8:39 am

The Admiral wrote:
wallydubbs wrote:I've done away with the Elven Chainmail as there is no artifact card for it. But I suppose one could just use Borin's Armor for reference.

Ouch! You just made a really tough quest harder.

In case it wasn't clear I've replaced Elven Chainmail with Elven Bracers... and I'm making adjustments to make the solo quests easier.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » November 30th, 2018, 9:08 pm

The text for the Elven Chain Mail doesn't mention a matching artifact card like every other given artifact does. I think it is meant as a one off item.
After the Quest has been completed, tell the Elf that Queen Terrellia rewards his success with a set of magical Elven Chain Mail armor. This armor gives the Elf 2 extra defend dice. It may be combined with a helmet and shield.

The Elven Bracers can be given at a different time.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » December 2nd, 2018, 12:59 am

j_dean80 wrote:

The text for the Elven Chain Mail doesn't mention a matching artifact card like every other given artifact does. I think it is meant as a one off item.
After the Quest has been completed, tell the Elf that Queen Terrellia rewards his success with a set of magical Elven Chain Mail armor. This armor gives the Elf 2 extra defend dice. It may be combined with a helmet and shield.

Most artifacts in this quest book (Asides from the Treasure Without Doom scroll) are one off items, as are all the artifacts in the original game system.
I thought you agreed with Phoenix's idea in his revision of the Quest Book, that the Chainmail was an error. As the Elven Bracers are never found anywhere in these quests and there is no matching artifact card for the Chainmail, it is safe to assume, since this was never playtested, it was meant to be "a set of Magical Elven Bracers."
What would be the point of adding an artifact card for an Artifact that can't be found? It also seems completely out of the ordinary for there to be a usable artifact without a corresponding card.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » December 2nd, 2018, 12:59 pm

wallydubbs wrote:
j_dean80 wrote:

Most artifacts in this quest book (Asides from the Treasure Without Doom scroll) are one off items, as are all the artifacts in the original game system.
I thought you agreed with Phoenix's idea in his revision of the Quest Book, that the Chainmail was an error. As the Elven Bracers are never found anywhere in these quests and there is no matching artifact card for the Chainmail, it is safe to assume, since this was never playtested, it was meant to be "a set of Magical Elven Bracers."
What would be the point of adding an artifact card for an Artifact that can't be found? It also seems completely out of the ordinary for there to be a usable artifact without a corresponding card.

Think you misunderstood my statement about one off item.

Example:
If the Elf searches for treasure in this room, there is an Elixir of Life hidden in one of the bookcases. (See the matching artifact card in the Game System.)

Notice how it specifically mentions an artifact card?

The Elven Chain Mail does not mention an artifact card, it merely describes what the item does. If it was a "typo" for Elven Bracers then it would mention an artifact card.

I don't use Phoenix's version as I have my own copy of the Quest Pack. I was only mentioning what he had done.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to The Mage of the Mirror