• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Artifact - Spell Scroll

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Artifact - Spell Scroll

Postby ballth » August 20th, 2008, 1:08 am

Here is a card I made. It is an Artifact card.
Spell Scroll
Protection From Undead
May be used by the Wizard or Elf Only.
May be cast on any Hero, including yourself. That Hero is then protected from any physical attacks by undead creatures for 0-2 turns. Spellcaster rolls 1 Combat Die. Black Shield = 0 Turns, Skull = 1 Turn, White Shield = 2 Turns.
Scroll crumbles to dust once used.
Four in the morning
Came without a warning.
~Night Ranger
ballth

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Artifact - Spell Scroll

Postby drathe » August 20th, 2008, 5:26 pm

Looks like I'm going to have to get that resource page ready as soon as possible. That way you can use the card template to actually make this card. I wonder if I can put it together this weekend. If not, at least have it partially completed and add more items later on when I have more time.

A similar card could be created protecting from Orcs, Goblins and even Fimir. Call it 'Green Skin'. Hmm, better yet, 'Green Skin' could temporarily turn your skin green, thus causing other 'green skins' to be fooled and ignore you during their attack phase.

Jolly good show ballth! Got any more to share? Sharing ideas helps brew ideas in others, which equals more great HeroQuesting for all!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby ballth » August 21st, 2008, 9:46 pm

drathe wrote:Looks like I'm going to have to get that resource page ready as soon as possible. That way you can use the card template to actually make this card.

I've had this card idea on paper for years. I just recently used HQ Card Creator and made it into a card. I haven't used it in a quest yet though.

drathe wrote:A similar card could be created protecting from Orcs, Goblins and even Fimir. Call it 'Green Skin'. Hmm, better yet, 'Green Skin' could temporarily turn your skin green, thus causing other 'green skins' to be fooled and ignore you during their attack phase.

I like it!

drathe wrote:Jolly good show ballth! Got any more to share? Sharing ideas helps brew ideas in others, which equals more great HeroQuesting for all!

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm starting to get out some of my old notes from years ago and see what other ideas I had back then. That's what I like about these forums. Bouncing ideas off each other only helps to make a great game better. Hey that sounds like a good tagline (isn't that right, Phoenix? :D )
Four in the morning
Came without a warning.
~Night Ranger
ballth

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Phoenix » August 22nd, 2008, 3:29 am

Of course! although, it's "Making an Awesome Game, Better!"

just to be picky...

However, if Trent can ever get back into the hobby, he'll have a much better version of the Card Creator. He was working on an online program, that everyone could share their cards. Not sure if he's gonna be back, but you never know; some leave for quite sometime and then reappear when you least expect them... AHEM!! I said, "then reappear when you least expect them"

Oh well, guess that didn't work... but oh well, we'll just have to make do in the mean-time.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » August 22nd, 2008, 11:16 am

Phoenix wrote:Of course! although, it's "Making an Awesome Game, Better!"

just to be picky...

I'm sure it was just tweaked to discourage your lawyers from trouncing on him. :D

...when you least expect them... Damn!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby ballth » August 24th, 2008, 4:29 pm

drathe wrote:I'm sure it was just tweaked to discourage your lawyers from trouncing on him. :D

EXACTLY!!! :mrgreen: :D Thanks for covering my ass, drathe!
Four in the morning
Came without a warning.
~Night Ranger
ballth

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Cards