• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Harry does Heroquest

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Harry does Heroquest

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » May 9th, 2015, 6:19 pm

Harry wrote:@Whitebeard
I did get a gelationus cube with the reaper bones ... I will get a picture of it.
Have always fancied making my own ... never done much with resin. I'll give it a go one day.


He is an idea, you could paint up some skellies and equipment then with a square mould fill it with clear silicon caulking sealant, push the painted bits in and leave it to dry, It would take a good few days to set, but it would set perfectly clear and be jelly like. I used to make moulds this way as it was super cheap, but the drying time was a bit long!


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 434
Images: 32
Joined: June 29th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: uk, bucks
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Harry does Heroquest

Postby Sjeng » May 25th, 2015, 1:02 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Generally, I differentiate between 4 materials. Again, this is not on a chemical basis, but on a layman's hobbyist "I need to work with it, now what do I need to know?" basis:
metal, plastic, resin, and the stuff Reaper uses for Bones.
Maybe the rubbery stuff Fantasy Flight Games and Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures use need an own category.

Bones = PVC

And that wooden lasercut board looks amazing all painted up Harry! oh, my Goddess, I need more pics of that!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Wizard
Wizard
 
Posts: 4536
Images: 92
Joined: July 26th, 2011, 9:58 am
Location: The Netherlands
Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Harry does Heroquest

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » May 26th, 2015, 1:54 pm

Baylor_OgreBane wrote:
Harry wrote:@Whitebeard
I did get a gelationus cube with the reaper bones ... I will get a picture of it.
Have always fancied making my own ... never done much with resin. I'll give it a go one day.


He is an idea, you could paint up some skellies and equipment then with a square mould fill it with clear silicon caulking sealant, push the painted bits in and leave it to dry, It would take a good few days to set, but it would set perfectly clear and be jelly like. I used to make moulds this way as it was super cheap, but the drying time was a bit long!


Had an even better and cheaper idea... Hot glue from a glue gun squirted in a mould with bits in. :D


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage
 
Posts: 434
Images: 32
Joined: June 29th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: uk, bucks
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Harry does Heroquest

Postby whitebeard » May 26th, 2015, 6:32 pm

DM Scotty has one. It's just a cube you drop over other minis. The texture is of course provided with a hot glue gun. So to put treasure inside, you would just throw it over a treasure chest or loot pile. A floating sword is an empty base with a sword supported by a paper clip. Before the heroes figure out what it is (cube with stuff inside), the treasure, sword, whatever, is shown without the cube. If they are searching for traps they should/may see it first.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.


Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage
 
Posts: 988
Images: 0
Joined: September 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Harry does Heroquest

Postby IvenBach » May 26th, 2015, 8:58 pm

I took a flimsy plastic container (forget what it originally held) that was just over 2in.x2in.x2in. and slathered it with hot glue on the outside. Looks great by itself and can easily be put over a mini it engulfs. The clear silicone will also work but it'd probably take a while to fully cure depending on how thick it is. Anyone that hasn't been introduced to DM Scotty needs to watch some of his videos. Many ideas have come to me after I found his youtube channel.


Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1308
Images: 4
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 7:26 am
Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: Harry does Heroquest

Postby Figomurphy » September 4th, 2016, 5:39 pm

Fantastic stuff. How did I miss this thread?


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer
 
Posts: 323
Images: 3
Joined: September 21st, 2015, 6:14 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Harry does Heroquest

Postby Big Bene » September 5th, 2016, 10:30 am

Harry wrote:I must have been about 12 years old and I remember I made it with something called Das? Daz? air drying clay.
DAS Pronto?
Had this once as a kid (must have been before '78).

I've used hot glue before to make a simple mold. For a jelly monster with the inside still visible it's much to opaque in my eyes. I would look for clear resin.
Have a look ;)


Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier
 
Posts: 1401
Images: 11
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:23 am
Location: Siebeldingen / Germany
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Harry does Heroquest

Postby slev » September 5th, 2016, 10:32 am

DAS was an air-drying clay, I even saw it used in the 90's.

Kneadite (green stuff, brownstuff, et al) and dental plaster casting having become cheaper in recent years has pretty much removed it from consideration by most modellers.


Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
User avatar
slev

Scout
Scout
 
Posts: 1069
Images: 6
Joined: August 26th, 2014, 7:55 am
Location: Manchester
Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Harry does Heroquest

Postby airbornegrove26 » December 6th, 2016, 2:30 pm

Harry just stumbled on this post. Lovely stuff. That board and secret door panel are ace!!!
airbornegrove26

Goblin
Goblin
 
Posts: 15
Joined: November 8th, 2011, 10:55 am
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 13 guests