• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Solo Quest Pack] [Trollslayer] - Solace and Redemption

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Solo Quest Pack] [Trollslayer] - Solace and Redemption

Postby The Road Warrior » March 4th, 2016, 3:11 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:You're being snotty for no reason again. :roll:

That's never been my intention. I just don't agree with you.

We very rarely agree on what is and isn't balanced. That's not a problem, everyone has their own tastes. But if you suggest improvements to something I've created I do kind of feel obliged to respond.

Gold Bearer wrote:Fine, if you don't think attacking with max eight dice, NINE with a battle axe is a bit much and you think it's appropriate that this hero can use armour.

Your numbers are a bit off. His max numbers are

handaxe + both runes = 6 dice
battleaxe + both runes = 8 dice

He cannot wear armour!
The only defensive upgrade he can buy is the defence rune.
There is an artifact that allows him to re-roll one defence die and another that allows him to recover 4BP. These can be given out by the evil wizard as and when they choose and I would suggest the Trolltooth necklace is never given out accept within the accompanying questbook.

His max defence dice is 3. 2 base defence + Rune of defiance. As soon as he attacks he is down to 2 defence dice and that makes him very vulnerable to attacks from any monster.

As I said before, you are commenting on the altered version I used in the pbp game, not the Trollslayer that is presented here.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Admiral » March 5th, 2016, 5:50 am

A big dice attack looks awesome, but it's only one attack, but a Hero with low defence dice, especially in a stong party, is a magnet for every attack the monsters can get in. I play with my own version of the Trollslayer, which is based partly on this one and who has that same high att/low def profile. He loses BP's at an alarming rate and needs every healing bonus going.

I think this type of character adds a real different dimension to HQ. in my opinion, his attack bonus's are sufficiently outwieghed by his defence deficiency.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 5th, 2016, 7:06 am

Me too, i have the opinion that this character is quite playable; if not a bit difficult if you want to survive.
Almost always when i have seen him in game, he was at the brink of dying.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » March 5th, 2016, 7:23 am

The Road Warrior wrote:
Gold Bearer wrote:You're being snotty for no reason again. :roll:
That's never been my intention. I just don't agree with you.

We very rarely agree on what is and isn't balanced. That's not a problem, everyone has their own tastes. But if you suggest improvements to something I've created I do kind of feel obliged to respond.
Sorry it's just this...
The Road Warrior wrote:This character and the accompanying quest book were finished well over a year ago and I will not be changing it now. I do not even consider your suggestions to be an improvement. So I guess I leave it. |_P
...doesn't read very well. I'm only making suggestions.

I forgot how different the standard version is. In that case I'd just take Sotiris' suggestion.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby gootchute » April 9th, 2023, 1:27 pm

This file is unavailable, does anyone have a copy?
•==(Broadsword>

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
gootchute

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » April 14th, 2023, 8:21 am

gootchute wrote:This file is unavailable, does anyone have a copy?

If you check your PM's you should find it there.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby MrBigB » September 16th, 2023, 4:22 pm

Any chance this questbook is still available? Just painted up a Kili Thekkrsson and would love to play through it with my son!
"Hey guys, I'm having a really good time."

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MrBigB

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » September 17th, 2023, 3:57 pm

Here it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby MrBigB » September 22nd, 2023, 10:55 am

|_P Awesome!! Can’t wait to play it
"Hey guys, I'm having a really good time."