• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Evil Wizard Deck

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Evil Wizard Deck

Postby cynthialee » July 14th, 2015, 12:44 pm

So here is another page of potential cards.
{I was busy the last few days so I haven't been able to play with this idea those day.}
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby cynthialee » July 14th, 2015, 8:38 pm

More ideas:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » July 19th, 2015, 11:10 am

And another page of ideas...

The idea to color code some cards is a good one.
Idea for sequence:
If EWP draws a card the EWP must flash the face of the card to demonstrate the card is not Red Flagged. Red Flagged cards are 'Must Play Now'.
Blue Flagged cards are real groaners for Players. They remain in play for the duration of the game and the EWP may tap the card once per turn to take advantage of its effects.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » July 20th, 2015, 11:56 am

I hope that I didn't piss the OP off for taking their idea and playing with it...

I need to sit down and go through my ideas and the ideas of others presented then pair them down to maybe an 80-120 card deck. Certainly I will keep it under 150 cards.
Mental exercises on this area indicated that the EWP will not go through many cards in a game session if I go with my old ways of doing things were the EWP only gets cards when there are zero monsters on board. Now I like this idea combined with a large deck that is well shuffled. There is simply no way to know which cards will come up and if you will even pull good cards.
Now if a card is a certain thing every turn then the EWP will go through a large amount of cards in a game session and eventually the players will become rather familiar with them all. With the less is more approach to these cards I could easily see the players being surprised by Evil Wizard Cards many quests down the road. "That card is evil!!! Has that been in the deck the entire time??!!"

:D
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » July 20th, 2015, 2:00 pm

I would prefer to do the red color thing somehow different. If you flash the card someone may see more than he should.

Indeed the thread is worth going through from a to z and compile a good deck from it.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » July 20th, 2015, 2:11 pm

Oh I don't mind the players knowing I may have a really big screw you card in the queue. ;)
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » July 29th, 2015, 11:25 am

So last night we played with the Evil Wizard Cards.
They were a total and complete win.
The players had a great time, in spite of the fact that we were unable to get the heroes past the first two rooms. 7 players, lots of laughing and giggling. Couldn't get very far into the dungeon. They literally pulled every wandering monster card in the deck from the top half of the deck. I am going back to stacking the treasure deck. They literally only found 3 treasure cards worth anything other than a fight.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » October 11th, 2015, 4:38 pm

Wow, cynthialee, that's quite an assortment of EWD cards you cooked up there! I've also worked up some cards (text only), but my process is waaay slower. I believe the number was 26 to match the Treasure Cards--I hope they don't get too repetetive.

I'd suggest covering the card title and image when you flash it to the players for color verification. That way they are less likely to know what is coming. With my deck, I plan to just play a card as instructed, using the honor system. However, I get what you're doing.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » October 12th, 2015, 11:48 am

:)

I got so many to play with and we don't play often enough that the card names wouldn't necessarily clue the players.
Sometimes if I have a really nice 'screw you card' I will just lay it face up and taunt them with it. Waiting for just the right moment to be played. ;)
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » December 12th, 2015, 1:25 am

After testing, i found that the EWP deck was heavily changing the balance... maybe i took too many cards!

I was taking a card each time it was Morcar's turn, and no Monster on the board. Basically, every round.
Maybe this should be reformulated to "Each time there was no monster on the board for the entire round"

Just my thought...

and there is a very important card missing in the EWP Deck, for games around Christmas!

(click for big)

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cards