• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hero Quest 2021 Remake: Errata Compilation

Discuss general topics relating to HeroQuest that don't fit well in the categories below.

Re: Hero Quest 2021 Remake: Errata Compilation

Postby Daedalus » November 13th, 2021, 9:18 pm

Kurgan wrote:. . . Then again, if I read Spirit Queen's Torment correctly, you actually go and find many other GameSystem artifacts a second time. So this could be the opportunity for the Warlock to get what the Wizard already has? There could be thus TWO Wizard Cloaks. Otherwise there is only one chance for either of these characters to raise their defend dice above 3 (they get one extra for buying the expensive Bracers now). In the 1990 NA edition of course, the Wizard was fully expected to survive all the quest adventures with only 3 defend dice (no bracers in that edition, just the Wizard's Cloak). :2cents:

The Crown of Shadows can be worn by a Wizard, though it is part of The Crypt of Perpetual Darkness. It gives the wearer one extra defense dice die. (Dice is plural--there's another errata for ya.)
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » November 13th, 2021, 9:23 pm

Kurgan wrote:Interesting take, but since you can collect and hang onto multiple spell scrolls, regardless of which hero you are (according to the rules, some insist only the Elf/Wizard should be able to use scrolls, but the rules say any hero). Then they could choose which one to put in, couldn't they?

I'm sticking with no. Spell scrolls are artifacts, not spells. A hero ". . . must declare which of their spells are stored in the ring."
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » November 13th, 2021, 9:33 pm

Daedalus wrote:
Kurgan wrote:. . . Then again, if I read Spirit Queen's Torment correctly, you actually go and find many other GameSystem artifacts a second time. So this could be the opportunity for the Warlock to get what the Wizard already has? There could be thus TWO Wizard Cloaks. Otherwise there is only one chance for either of these characters to raise their defend dice above 3 (they get one extra for buying the expensive Bracers now). In the 1990 NA edition of course, the Wizard was fully expected to survive all the quest adventures with only 3 defend dice (no bracers in that edition, just the Wizard's Cloak). :2cents:

The Crownof Shadows can be worn by a Wizard, though it is part of The Crypt of Perpetual Darkness. It gives the wearer one extra defense dice die. (Dice is plural--there's another errata for ya.)

I always forget about this new artifact!

Base defense (2) + Wizard's Cloak (1) + Bracers (1) + Crown of Shadows (1) = 5 defend dice! (am I wrong or is using "one dice" considered correct in the UK? but good point)

The Warlock follows "wizard rules" for equipment and magical artifacts, so she would have 5 as well, but they may squabble over single instance artifacts. The Warlock is treated like a Wizard four purposes of gear, hence the question of whom to give it to in the case if they are both playing.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » November 15th, 2021, 9:28 pm

More errata, potential or not, according to other threads in the Inn:

- Game System rulebook, page 14: One more time through years, the classic & inherited "line of sight" diagram does not help too much to understand the rule since the picture does not match with whats is strictly written in the rules paragraph, as discussed here. - Some kind of confirmation from Hasbro about how to interpretate this rule would be very useful. Maybe the app gaming mechanics could clarify it

- Game System "Bracers" Equipment card: As discussed here, it is not clear if Bracers can be combined with other armours like Chain Mail or even the Wizard's Cloak. If not, Bracers seems to be a too gold expensive armour for non-wizard heroes, which has no sense since nobody, except the Wizard, will use them. - Some kind of confirmation about it from Hasbro would be very useful. Maybe the app gaming mechanics could clarify it

- Prophecy of Telor questbook, page 35: In Quest #11, Note G, the heroes find a Lightning Bolt Spell Scroll, however, there is no any dedicated card shown in this page for such magical item. Moreover, it does not exist any physical card for Lightning Bolt Spell Scroll, therefore the rules for this scroll may be unknown. - Of course, the rules for this spell scroll are the ones shown in page 27 of The Crypt of the Perpetual Darkness questbook but that is not the correct place for Telor's questpack.

- Prophecy of Telor questbook, page 2: Potion of Healing and Potion of Magic cards are shown in this page but there is not any physical card for those potions as for the rest of Alchemist Shop's items.

- The Crypt of the Perpetual Darkness, page 27: A Lightning Bolt Spell Scroll card is shown in this page but there is not any physical card for Lightning Bolt Spell Scroll as for the rest of Spell Scrolls.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » November 15th, 2021, 11:10 pm

Not sure if this counts, but during the Pulse campaign AH was asked about placing monsters in a newly revealed corridor. They said (during the second panel) they intended to clarify that monsters don't block line of sight when determining what is placed. Well, that clarification was never added on p.12 of the Instruction Booklet under How Zargon Reacts To Hero Movement.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby torilen » November 16th, 2021, 8:51 am

I know I don't really get to say much, since I didn't get into this remake and all...but really?
This much errata for a brand new game? These companies are big enough to put out something
without mistakes. Between this, and the stories I've seen of bent and broken minis, I can understand
why people would be highly disappointed with this remake package. This is just sad.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » November 16th, 2021, 6:22 pm

Daedalus wrote:Not sure if this counts, but during the Pulse campaign AH was asked about placing monsters in a newly revealed corridor. They said (during the second panel) they intended to clarify that monsters don't block line of sight when determining what is placed. Well, that clarification was never added on p.12 of the Instruction Booklet under How Zargon Reacts To Hero Movement.

Yeah, I think this remake has been a good opportunity to clarify that in the rules but unfortunately not. Nevertheless, I have checked how the app manages it and Yes, monsters do not block the line of sight when determining what is placed.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » November 17th, 2021, 5:27 pm

I posted a YT video and tried to cover the information so far compiled here...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby InSpectreRetro » November 18th, 2021, 8:21 pm

I haven't apparently posted on this site since the agins inn days.

Has anyone on here reached out to Hasbro/Avalon Hill regarding all of this?

I had compiled and posted a bunch of non-spoilery stuff on Facebook and did reach out to Hasbro, and have a line of communication open that I could send thia info through.

But if someone else has already started down that path, then I'd say just continue as you are.

I'm gonna try to get more active on these forums again, so I look forward to talking with everyone.

Ray
Zargon > Grimdead > Morcar

Frozen Horror Solo Quests Converted to Group Quests - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uh286B5UHDb7POdwfL9okiecegSOgHMa/view?usp=share_link

Mage of the Mirror Solo Quests Converted to Group Quests - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vw2J8k5xUuHq77b1KOasNPVCZAg1bvec/view?usp=share_link
InSpectreRetro

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby Daedalus » November 19th, 2021, 5:18 am

InSpectreRetro wrote:I haven't apparently posted on this site since the agins inn days.. . .

Wow, you are an old-timer! Glad you're back!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to General HeroQuest Discussion