• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Price comparison for those intrepid collectors

Guests may gather here to barter their goods, let others know what items they are searching for and post links to items others may be interested in. Or just vent about the outrageous prices on eBay.
Forum rules
Ye Olde Inn is not responsible for the trades/purchases made in this forum. Please exchange private information and transaction details via PM.

Price comparison for those intrepid collectors

Postby Nephew of Mentor » February 22nd, 2012, 2:27 am

Hello. I'm having Heroquest fever and was starting to buy expansions and whatnot. Haven't gotten very far, but I had a thought. I know that when it comes to ebay bidding wars and whatnot we are all kindof competition, but I was hoping you guys would help me to make a price reference guide for everything heroquest that collectors could use to make sure they don't overspend, who knows it might even make prices on ebay drop a little.

First up. I know that the complete original set sells for about $80-$100 or lower on more reasonable days. Kellar's keep and Return of the Witch Lord, when complete, go for about $40-$60 or so. The first book is a whopping $2 or so, but what about the rest? If I stumble across the White Dwarf issues, what would the reasonable price? How about the rare Adventures Unlimited, or Marvel Winter Special? How about the four rare expansions or the rarer system sets? What do you guys think?
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Price comparison for those intrepid collectors

Postby Goblin-King » February 22nd, 2012, 4:40 am

I can't really answer your actual question because the prices are so dynamic.

but...

Captain Obvious wrote:My advice would be to decide for yourself what you would actually be willing to pay for each expansion.
They are very expensive collector's items and either you pay the price or you just don't want them enough. Simple as that.
However keep looking. A rare once in a while you are able to strike a good deal. Just be patient...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Price comparison for those intrepid collectors

Postby el_flesh » February 23rd, 2012, 10:13 am

Also, that marvel winter special is likely a hack job stolen from drathe.
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Ye Olde Market