• Advertisement

Witch Lord Win: Does this happen often/ever?

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

Re: Witch Lord Win: Does this happen often/ever?

Postby alyndavies » Tuesday July 28th, 2015 5:48am

If you know the quests inside out then pass through rock is brilliant, but it's a gamble if your alone and don't know where your going. When I was young I always tried to get the earth spells first, pass through rock and a healing spell was fantastic. These days I prefer the air spells, I love the genie.
alyndavies

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Admiral » Friday April 8th, 2016 9:01am

drathe wrote:This would be a matter of the evil wizard's interpretation of the command spell. As the card says zargon may move the hero as a monster and attack other heroes. It doesn't mention the ability to cast spells, drink potions, drop weapons, etc. Just move and attack. But to each their own. I applaud the clever and devious tactics! :twisted:

I've just been reading through this thread, and this is basically the answer to the initial problem. The card is quite specific in what Zargon can do with the Hero under his command. So this situation couldn't actually occur. The card also prevents another devious, but illegal action, of having the Hero attack him/herself. The Hero can only attack "other Heroes".
The Admiral

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » Friday April 8th, 2016 9:13am

I actually managed "win" in quest 12 with the witch lord. The party was somehow under the impression that the sword could be found in one of the rooms and ran away to search a far room. So I moved the Witch Lord and blocked the only exit from the dungeon... trapping them forever!

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Friday April 8th, 2016 9:27am

I killed three heroes in this quest by checkmating them because I cast Command on the Barbarian and the heroes chose escaping the route north, then east in the map, which is a deadend. The Witchlord just stood in the corridor. The Barbarian barely escaped the spell's clutches and then the dungeon. This quest was incredibly exhilarating, for all involved, I might add. Like a football game that ends 6:5.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » Friday April 8th, 2016 11:32am

knightkrawler wrote:Like a football game that ends 6:5.

What's that? A touchdown with a missed extra point (6) against a filed goal (3) plus a safety (2). Sounds like a terrible game!!! :lol:

I know, I know... You mean what the rest of the world calls football.

So this was also Quest 12? Or did the Barbarian run away with the sword (and the ring of return)?

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Friday April 8th, 2016 1:03pm

Yeah, quest 12, with no way to fight the Bitchlord.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Game Systems