• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Race Against Time: use the Treasure deck for a timer?

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

Re: Race Against Time: use the Treasure deck for a timer?

Postby iKarith » Saturday August 14th, 2021 6:23pm

I like the OP suggestion in principle. Definitely the monsters should pour in from somewhere rather than just arbitrary placement. The way I'd do it is that you'd define an arbitrary trigger (d6 rounds, opening a door, something) which will spawn several monsters somewhere away from the heroes. Every turn thereafter, there should be a chance (50% seem good?) that another will spawn, chasing the heroes or, if they're not careful, getting between them and the exit. Maybe both.

I don't want to look at the map for the quest because I'm going to hopefully be playing it some weeks from now. Not because I'll remember it (not the way my vision works…) but because if I go and describe how I'd alter the map, I'll remember that. I'd rather play it cold.
Milton Bradley: "So guys, everyone knows about orcs, goblins and mummies and stuff, but what about these 'fimirs' we're putting in the game? Tell me all about them!"

Games Workshop: "Uhhhhhhhhhhh...."
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Previous

Return to Game Systems