• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Original Mini Sculptor(s)?

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

Original Mini Sculptor(s)?

Postby Spookyhappyfun » October 1st, 2018, 2:52 pm

I'm sure it's been discussed before around here, but some searching and Googling didn't seem to give me any concrete results.

Does anyone know who sculpted the original minis for the Game System? I know the American expansions are a mystery and I'm not as concerned about the European ones, but if anyone knows, feel free to share!

Thanks!
Last edited by Daedalus on May 17th, 2021, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved topic from General Heroquest Discussion room

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Original Mini Sculptor(s)?

Postby lestodante » October 1st, 2018, 3:39 pm

if with the word "original" you mean the metal prototypes, I can recognize the style of some sculptors by Citadel:
I am almost sure that Jes Goodwin sculpted the following: Barbarian, Elf, Wizard, Mummy, Fimir, Chaos Sorcerer, Chaos Warrior;
the Perry Twins sculpted the Dwarf;
Kev Adams sculpted Orc and Goblin;
I am not sure about Skeleton and Zombie, but I think they are from Jes Goodwin too, and maybe the Gargoyle too.
This is just my opinion based on the style of such sculptors and my perception on the miniatures.
Bob Naismith should have managed the sculpt of the plastic version instead, but supported by a different team (still not confirmed).

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Thantos » October 1st, 2018, 3:45 pm

Leeching from the other topic, i know Bob Naismith did a few of them. It was the first time sculpting for plastic casting. I wouldn't be surprised if Gary Morley also did some. I'll drop him an email if we are on the Sculptor Hunt! Im sure bob can also mention some other names, although at the time i get the impression it was just another sculpting project for Bob, so didnt stick too vividly in his mind all the details xD
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » October 1st, 2018, 4:45 pm

I am talking about the metal figures, not about the plastic ones we have.

hq metal prot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Game Systems