• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Trial - A Map

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from HeroQuest Game Systems.

The Trial - A Map

Postby Helegak3 » Thursday June 2nd, 2016 1:08am

I made a 1x1 Battle Map for the Trial using CC3+ and add-ons. I printed mine out and laminated it, but unfortunately here in Korea I have no one to play with. I will share it with you guys so long as I'm not breaking any copyright stuff (Hasbro). Let me know...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Helegak3 on Friday January 13th, 2017 2:26am, edited 1 time in total.
Helegak3

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Re: The Trial - A Map

Postby Daedalus » Thursday August 25th, 2016 3:17pm

Are you an ESL teacher? If so, score some privates to form a group or recruit some players from your school. The kids or adults would be lucky to play, and they get cheap/free English to boot!

You might get some positive response about your battles map if we could see it. The preferred method is using the image tag (Img button) in your post with an address from a file-sharing site. Another option is to include an attachment (look below the edit post field), as you have Champion status.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Helegak3 » Friday January 13th, 2017 2:26am

OK, I added the map. Sorry it took so long. See if you like it...
Helegak3

Skeleton
Skeleton

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » Friday January 13th, 2017 12:49pm

That is very attractive.
The Admiral

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » Friday January 13th, 2017 3:38pm

Hiya Helegak3,

The map looks pretty cool, and I can see something like this being great for running demo games at Conventions or similar. Do you plan on reproducing all of the Core Quests in this way? Or possibly additional Quests beyond the Core Game?

I ask because, while I really like the simplicity of having a unique board for each quest, (Really like it a lot actually), I cannot help but feel that the the time and expense of preparing all of these various maps could become prohibitive considering how quickly a group can potentially go through a map. Not to mention that, if one were fortunate enough to have a single gaming group that plays regularly, it wouldn't take long before you were running custom Quests anyway.

I guess my real question is; was this a one-off creation for the sake of the art? Or do you have a broader vision for how this/these kickin' map(s) might be used?

Regardless, I like the concept, nicely done.

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Friday January 13th, 2017 4:20pm

Wondering the application for this? It isn't practical for playing a Quest as it takes out the mystery of "what else" is on the board.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Monday April 3rd, 2017 2:52pm

Your map looks great, and I'd say you don't have to worry about copyright problems as long as you don't sell them.

Any luck finding some players?

If your worried about printing cost concerns that were brought up by others, you may want to dig around the Forum Gallery for gameboard, furniture, doors, and figure files. Along with the Inn's downloads accessible from the Home Page, you can create your own set for personal use. The last thing you need is dice. You can get by with six-sided dice, or create your own combat dice with this link and some sticker paper.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Game Systems